Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Lots of WD templates!!!

Add O.B. had nothing to do with the design of these templates...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Add.O.B. View Post
    Why do you even ask? You'll never understand it anyway. So beat it.
    I ask because I'd like to see that opinion explained. I ask because I think it's without any foundation. I ask politely and with an honest desire to discover the reasoning, if any, behind it.

It was politely explained enough times for the most stupid imbecile to understand. Further provocative asking like this doesn't look normal any more. You want to make a fool of yourself again? Fine! But please for the god sake go and open your thread to do so instead of hijacking this one!!!

Now thank you and (hopefully) good bye.

AddOB, it's your thread, you're the one singing the praises of this collection, perhaps you can answer the question for me. Why would somebody buy a collection of 70 templates for $30 and then use up to 10 or so?

I'm looking forward to the answer.

To build sites.

Now just go away, this thread was not intended to discuss the way people create their sites. If you want to discuss which way is better you must create new thread. Or maybe poll? I see these are popular here. Maybe it would answer your questions?

You don't make yourself look good telling people to go away

If you think you have a grievance, be sensible about it - PM a moderator, thats one of the things they are there for

Otherwise, if people do what you requested in your original post ie 'check it out', and they don't like it, that's life
    Nothing lasts forever...

What a shiitty forum is this?

I'm trying to help people. To share my discovery. Instead a bunch of fanatics hijack the thread telling people how they are supposed to use the program! I mean WTF!!! The web designer is promoted by developer as having template based design capabilities. But some smartarses know better! Sure, whatever...

Now go, no run and PM mods!

Morons...

its a very tolerant forum
    Nothing lasts forever...

As I understand it, one shouldn't do a couple things.....hijack threads, put others down in a personal way....those are big in keeping things running smoothly in a forum like this.

Having said that, let's be clear again on templates. Beauty is without a doubt in the eye of the beholder.....

This means, templates are not for everyone. I said earlier that maybe 10 would be a possibility out of 70. The answer to that question is....it depends who you are and what you need.

Beret, you obviously don't need templates, you've made that abundantly clear. Some beginners do need templates....for someone like that, they MIGHT find up to about 10 (maybe more, maybe less) of these useful for whatever they are doing.

It is completely a personal thing that only a person in that position would be able to answer. I'm still a relatively new user of Xara products, a little over a year, and find enough templates in the progam itself, however I can see that of these 70, I might use up to 10....Why? Because I wanted to and because I had a need. At this time I don't....but I might in the future. For those who can't create templates for themselves and don't have enough time to learn that process, these templates could be useful.

There is no argument here about that fact....you just don't factor into the group that would use these so the question of 'why you would use them' really doesn't apply to you. It does apply to others.....and they may or may not wish to divulge the answer so repeatedly asking the question is of little value.

I hope this clarifies things more for you....
    Last edited by Karateed; 15 August 2010 at 07:19 PM.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    its a very tolerant forum
    So I see - all the scums are welcome here.