Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Lots of WD templates!!!

I just have discovered the largest and most comprehensive template pack for Web Designer on the web! 70 page templates, buttons, animations, fills etc. Everything one may need!
    Splendid!
    Check this out!
    http://www.webdesignertemplate.com/

Default Re: Lots of WD templates!!!

I'm sure the author of this template pack has spent a lot of time creating 70 templates but if he is going to offer a commercial service his templates should be of a commercial standard. I think his work is very amateur at best and you can do better than that by creating your own website, using as your colour and layout inspiration a site like 4Templates which has thousands of example designs. They're not WD6 templates, but they will give you inspiration to create your own unique designs.

While I appreciate all these templates, it is a lot of fun making our own. Yesterday I finished this website www.enerlightingusa.com and went with an entirely new design for me at least.http://www.enerlightingusa.com

I am pretty proud of it, now if I can just get the hang of creating flash animation, this page could come alive. For some reason the animation creator escapes me....UUUGH! as Charlie Brown would say

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

There are all sorts of people who use Xara's products that are at all sorts of skill levels, some of whom may not have the same experience at design as other people. For people
    who want or need to use templates, I think that less than $0.50 per template is more than reasonable. If you don't need to use predesigned templates then these aren't for you anyway.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    There are all sorts of people who use Xara's products that are at all sorts of skill levels, some of whom may not have the same experience at design as other people. For people
    who want or need to use templates, I think that less than $0.50 per template is more than reasonable. If you don't need to use predesigned templates then these aren't for you anyway.

Eric
    I Totally agree with you! It is a great price and a wonderful bargain, I only meant that the freedom of creativity is what I enjoy about WD6 for the html ignorant.
    His time is worth that price but it isn't hard to create your own template, I am very busy running around the globe and operating an international business, if I can do it.....then......

I have to agree with beretgascon, I think it is best to create your own but we all thrive on inspiration, find a site you (or your customer) like(s) and try to recreate it. I love finding a good site on templatemonster and trying to recreate it in XWD, this is the best way to learn what both you and the software are capable of.

Kash

There are all sorts of people who use Xara's products that are at all sorts of skill levels, some of whom may not have the same experience at design as other people.
    Like the guy who created those templates, for example?

For people
    who want or need to use templates, I think that less than $0.50 per template is more than reasonable.
    Only if you intend to use all 50. If not, then you're paying $29,95 for a very, very amateur template. If you're happy with that, go ahead, spend your cash. If not, spend a couple of hours playing with Xara and create something unique and better.

If you don't need to use predesigned templates then these aren't for you anyway.
    You can only use them if you have WD, therefore your intention must have been to build a website. Xara's WYSIWYG features provide you with all the tools you need to create a wonderful, bright, interesting and engaging website. All you need is a little imagination (or find some inspiration at a decent template site).

I'm trying to encourage people not to settle for second best, that's all. If you're going to buy a template for a commercial website, buy a good one, not a second-rate one. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Make it count!

I guess I've reached a point where one template begins to look pretty much like any other template; seen one, seen them all sort of thing. So I don't worry much about templates any more. I think the advice here to make your own tracks is good. Let the content determine the form and keep it simple. I very much like what Massimo Vignelli has to say about design in his 'canon' (http://www.vignelli.com/).
    Phil Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Like the guy who created those templates, for example?
    Frank I think you'll find that this is Eric's project and website.
    They may be simple designs, but Eric is filling a niche which isn't represented anywhere else at this time.
    And, if it encourages sales of Web Designer too - then everyone wins.

Good luck I say.

This is more than just a template pack! There are NEW concepts that have never been explored even by Xara or Talkgraphics. I guess it all depends on how much your time is worth. To me $29.95 is about 15 minutes.
    I was born outside the box! - Aridzone
    WebDesignerTemplate