Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Sticky object origin point

Those nine little buttons to the left of XY coordinates.

They seem to secretly reset themselves to middle position whenever I let go of an object and come back to it.

How I hate that feature! Why?
    Because 5/10 times I tend to make numeric size changes to objects via that width/height input thingy and most always I would want the size change to happen from top left corner of the object, not from the middle because then I always have to reposition the object.

Please make object origin point a configurable default setting in the Options panel!

Default Re: Sticky object origin point

A better idea would be to leave one of those 9 buttons in down state once it is pressed. That way it would be fast and obvious to change it to something else.

Default Re: Sticky object origin point

I would prefer that we be able to set the point origin on the object level rather than (or in addition to) the program level.

Since it affects rotation as well as resizing, you may find that defaulting to top left can have unintended consequences. It is annoying when you have to constantly reset to top left when resizing. (That bothers me less than it used to since I've been making more use of the other positions.) What I find more of a bother is having to reset the rotation point as I work with an object, especially when it isn't on one of the nine positions.

Agreed that keeping the button depressed as an indicator would be helpful.