Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why Placeholder DIV cannot trigger MouseOver layer?

I've created a placeholder for DIV and try to set that element as a link so that it would show content above it on the MouseOver layer but it doesn't work. It won't even show a popup layer.

It works immediately when I turn the object into a regular object.

I can't see a reason for this but would like to know if this a known limitation?

Source file for MouseOver scanerio is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Why Placeholder DIV cannot trigger MouseOver layer?

If you use an object as a placeholder for some code snippet, it is no longer an object so nothing get's exported except for the code in it's **Place**

But Xara correctly adds <a href> tag with JavaScript around the placeholder code and everything should be ok, except that it doesn't work.

Didn't think it would be possible but.. Your div tag is missing the closing > - and you need to select popup layer "Layer 3" from the link tab not link to web/email. Seems to work when you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Didn't think it would be possible but.. Your div tag is missing the closing > - and you need to select popup layer "Layer 3" from the link tab not link to web/email. Seems to work when you do this.
    That's it, what an embarrassing mistake there from me. Thanks for pointing it out.