Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Curious about why Arrowsheads should not extend from the line length.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Paul until or if Xara Ltd makes a change you and I must live with the way it currently works.

I've had my fun for today. Hope no one was offended by me pulling your leg.
    I missed the "pulling my leg" bit - thought you were just stating your case!

Default Re: Curious about why Arrowsheads should not extend from the line length.

In AutoCAD, the arrow (or whatever shape or style one is using) is a block with an insertion point that puts it at the end of a line. For example, with an arrowhead, the insertion point is at the tip rather than at the tail. With a dot style arrowhead, it is at the center of the dot. With all of the notations and dimensions in an architectural drawing it would be awful to have to keep an eye on what an arrow is pointing at if one is just changing a leader's line thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    It's very similar to whether the line width should be added externally, internally, or centrally as is the current default.
    Well, would it not be possible to have the choice of which of the abovementioned default settings available to the end-user? That would seem to be most helpful and would satisfy both camps.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 03 August 2010 at 07:27 PM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I couldn't agree more Bob. ;-)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I couldn't agree more Bob. ;-)
    Me too.

It is one of those old request. Given the option I would use inside most always.

My 50c worth.. as a suggestion, you could have a toggle selector to add arrowheads to the line or include them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-or-include-arrowheads.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	75117

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    My 50c worth.. as a suggestion, you could have a toggle selector to add arrowheads to the line or include them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add-or-include-arrowheads.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	75117
    I would buy that!

Hey! we'll be having icons for choosing whether lines are inside, outside or straddling the edge of a shape soon.. ;-)

Seems reasonable to me..

Name:  inline-outline-centerline.png
Views: 314
Size:  3.8 KB

I can see one reason why it's done the way it is, though admittedly I'm looking at it 'artistically' not CAD

the attached is a regular line curve with an arrow added in XDP6 - the line element is highlighted in red

if the arrow were pulled back along the line, then to look 'right' the arrow shape itself would have to be modified to follow the curvature and I fancy that not to be simple, espcially as moulding is not one of the programs strong points...

just imagine the line ending in a wiggle

just my
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrow on line.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	75135  
    Last edited by handrawn; 04 August 2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: add attachment
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...