Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PHP Scripts & Iframes....................

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well long time no hear I am back now for good and looking forward to being part of this community again........................

OK just got Designer Pro 6 well done Xara excellent release really enjoying using it so far.

I want to run a PHP script within an iframe, it is a guestbook script for a B&B client whose site is only small so was designed with XP5, it has opened lovely in DP6 and have edited it with no issues so here is my question:

I want to install this guestbook script in its own folder within the website, I want the design to stay fluid throughout the site but customising the template for the guestbook to incorporate the xara design is well a pig of a job and I have no lost the will to live, so my plan is to create a placeholder and use it as an iframe directed to the guestbook script.

Before I go down this line, as the people who know me will know what I know about iframes I could write on the back of a postage stamp and usually avoid them like the plague however in this situation one could be perfect to make sure the design stays fluid.

Anyone with any input? DO's and dont's etc before I waste any more time thinking about doing this?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Default Re: PHP Scripts & Iframes....................

Hi Chris

If it is a working page in its own right you can easily drop it into an iframe (example attached) otherwise if it is just the "engine" of the guest book it can be put in a simple place holder. The server however will need to be set-up to parse htm files as if they were php.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey Drwyd

How goes it

Thanks for that, works a treat solved all my problems in one go yipheeeeee.

Now I am going to spend the rest of the night emptying a botlle of JD and catching up on the forum

Thanks

Chris

Going great mate even better now that you reminded me I have bottle of Bells whiskey hidden away somewhere, time for a rummage

Very nice!

I see I'm not logged in on the site through the iframe, so what would happen if I logged in when I already am?

To answer my own stupid question. I was testing the page in a different browser from that in which I'm logged in. So no cookie. Doh!