Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default unable to due custom background in Alpha Theme WD6

I'm sure you are all familiar with the Alpha theme template in Web Designer 6.
    Now I've noticed that other templates, when making the "page background" layer invisible, it will still show a background (white color). With the Alpha one, there's nothing showing. This is much different than the Ecostyle theme for example.
    Anyway, what I'm getting at is that on the Alpha I can't seem to set a background when right clicking under the bitmap gallery and selecting "set page background." But I can do that when I start a fresh new document. In a new doc I can make the page background layer invisible...but I will still see white.

Does it have to do with the fact that that "extra white background" exists?..and this is why I can't do a background?
    How do I get this "extra white background" on the Alpha theme template?

The reason why I want a custom background is so I can tile it horizontally, which I already know how to do.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Carlos

Default Re: unable to due custom background in Alpha Theme WD6

I think you need to remove the colours from the background and the pasteboard and it will work. Just make all layers invisible except the background and pasteboard, then drag the transparent colour onto each of them to reset them, then you should be able to set a bitmap as background. It's a bit confusing the way the pasteboard and page background can both act as the background but maybe it just takes a bit of getting used to.

Default Re: unable to due custom background in Alpha Theme WD6

Welcome to TalkGraphics Carlitos