Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CD CD CD

Default Re: CD CD CD

Okay, later than most but my Xara DesignerPro6 CDs arrived in Northern Canada. Yipee. Manual too.

I'm wondering why I didn't get a manual. I upgraded from XX5 Pro to XDP6 Pro. All I received was two CDs in paper sleeves and the shortcuts card. Didn't even get the CDs in a DVD case like I have in the past.

Steve

Upgrading from older versions of Pro don't include the manual.
    I assume the thinking is that you will have an earlier pro manual and the changes in the new pro version are covered well enough in the help file and the features summary.
    Upgrading from the standard (classic) version of Xtreme would represent wider feature changes to the pro version.
    But you can buy the manual if you wish.
    http://www.xara.com/uk/store/ (top of right column)

Your mistake was, you upgraded from XPro 5 instead of just regular X5. If you have X5, your $99 buys you the manual and the upgrade to version 6. However if you have XPro 5, your $99 buys you the upgrade but no manual (but feel free to give them an extra $30 if you want one). The savings on upgrade is 33% more cost effective for you if you haven't previously paid for the pro upgrade. This is explained on the upgrade page; you only get the manual if they've never sent you one before or you pay them extra to include it.

Of all of the copies of Xara I've purchased over the years (going back to 2.0) only one ever came in a box, and that was shipped in an Envelope so it was smashed flat by the time it got here. I don't remember getting anything other than disks in a plastic/paper sleeve and the new keyboard shortcut chart apart from that (one version came in a regular jewel case, but I can't remember which; I think it was whatever version came in the box).
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

X1 came in a DVD case

I've made my own DVD cases for all of the versions that I have so far, so I can't remember which came what way now.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    Your mistake was, you upgraded from XPro 5 instead of just regular X5. If you have X5, your $99 buys you the manual and the upgrade to version 6. However if you have XPro 5, your $99 buys you the upgrade but no manual (but feel free to give them an extra $30 if you want one). The savings on upgrade is 33% more cost effective for you if you haven't previously paid for the pro upgrade. This is explained on the upgrade page; you only get the manual if they've never sent you one before or you pay them extra to include it.
    I originally bought XX5 and then upgraded to XXPro 5. Guess I should have upgraded from XX5 instread of the Pro version - as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    Of all of the copies of Xara I've purchased over the years (going back to 2.0) only one ever came in a box, and that was shipped in an Envelope so it was smashed flat by the time it got here. I don't remember getting anything other than disks in a plastic/paper sleeve and the new keyboard shortcut chart apart from that (one version came in a regular jewel case, but I can't remember which; I think it was whatever version came in the box).
    Really? I've still got the original packaging from XX3 and XX4 here in my hot little hands (see the crappy photo I have attached). The XXPro 5 CDs came in a box.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XX4.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	75318  

Here are some of my XARA Box collections. Too bad I don't
    have the Artworx Box anymore.

http://img823.imageshack.us/content_...4/57135728.jpg

Hi

A followup on http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...7&postcount=30

The download version can now be updated to the same revision as the CD release (rev 13278) by running the program and selecting Help followed by Update program.

This will allow for the patch to be downloaded and installed. Following the update, we recommend you select to run using Default and not Current settings.

Thanks
    Bhavesh

Thumbs up Re: CD CD CD

Cool, just updated.