Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Xara Pro 6 .. what a shame!!!

I just upgraded to Xara Pro 5 about five months ago, and version 6 already released this soon!!! This is not fair that I have to pay another $100 to upgrade to version 6!! It is just not fair

And version 6 STILL dose NOT support Arabic texts!!!! Arabic users have been asking for this feature for many many years now, and Xara STILL not supporting it!!! What a shame Now it is clear that Xara dose not care about us Arabic users .. shame on you Xara .. shame on you.

I will skip this upgrade, and will never upgrade until Arabic TTF texts are supported ..

Kind regards,

Yasser A Saeed

General Manager

Innovia House for Advertising & Media Production
    Al Sallamy St. - Fuj Attan
    P.O. Box: 15583
    Sana'a, Yemen

Default Re: Xara Pro 6 .. what a shame!!!

Hello Yasser

I do not work for Xara so I do not know if or when Xara will add support for the Arabic language. Your complaint is one that is expressed often. And I know it is very frustrating.

A quick Google search reveals 6700 languages spoken around the world. Xara supports 8 languages. This leaves 6692 languages that Xara does not support.

Arabic is one of the most important world languages and support for Arabic would make their products accessible to a large base of users. But Xara is a small company with limited resources and there is only so much they can do on their operating budget. Maybe some day they will add support for Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, and other major world languages. But I do not see this realistically happening any time soon. Unless Xara grows to the size of Adobe or Microsoft.

Default Re: Xara Pro 6 .. what a shame!!!

Life's not fair, is it?

Unhappy Re: Xara Pro 6 .. what a shame!!!

Thanks guys for your reply ...

I don't excuse Xara anymore, because it has been over 25 years, and they never did anything about it!!!!

Yes .. Xara is small company, but it is also part of MAGIX AG group which is a multi-million dollars company (2009 Revenue: € 34.8 million), but it is very obvious that Xara basically don't care about adding RTL support for Arabic and other languages!

Now days, you don't have to be a big company to add Arabic support. I know some small companies, smaller than Xara, that they have added Arabic support to some of their software!! For God sake, I even know some FREE software that has Arabic support .. so how hard is it for XARA??!!

Unless Xara will give an estimated time to when Arabic support might be added (to show us they care the least), I am done upgrading to any future upgrades ...

Kind regards,

Yasser A Saeed