Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sub menu nav button?

Hi,
    I have recently added/upgraded to Photo & Graphics Designer 6. I have been searching for some time for a way to create what I call 'sub-menus'. What I mean is something like a navigation button that, when you click on it (or mouseover that particular button), you see a 'sub-menu' that pops up? There are heaps of different examples on the internet of course. I have a copy of Xara menumaker, from several years back, but I find that program a bit too cumbersone or difficult to try to use it in conjunction with Xtreme or PGD6 pages (I used to use it with FrontPage).
    Hopefully there is an easy solution, but can someone point me to a way to do this (within Xara PGD6 which I'm still exploring?) or perhaps there is an existing thread which I haven't yet found?
    Cheers,
    Rikko
    29 July
    (ps, I looked at the nav bar topics in XPGD6 'help' but seems to be little/no info on how to do this?)
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 29 July 2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Extra info

Default Re: Sub menu nav button?

P&GD6 has the same web features as Web Designer 5.
    So the new navbar maker with submenus introduced with Web Designer 6 and and Designer Pro 6 are not present in P&GD I'm afraid.
    But you can build your own using popup layers (do a search, there are plenty of tutorials on this subject).
    Though web navbar creation is a topic for the Talk Web section of the forums.

Hi Sledger,
    Thanks for that info. If I can ask one final question about this topic, in this forum, which is probably not the right place, but just to ask... If I buy WD6, can I use features of that program to easily change webs that were originally designed in PGD6 (or actually in its predecessor, XX5?), and in particular features like the Nav Bar with flyouts, submenus etc?
    Cheers,
    Rikko

Yes..