Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How do I......

OK, as I posted earlier, I am new to photoshop. I do have a few books that I have been looking at (Photoshop 6 Down & Dirty Tricks - awesome) and learning through some of the web based tutorials.

I am experiencing issues with grabbing and singling out objects...
    I am building a website for custom car/truck place. This shop installs lowering kits and other such "customized" paraphanalia...
    I need to be able to take a vehicle and lower it over the wheels and tires...give it that "tucked" look where the tires and wheels actually go inside the fender wells.
    I have been able to do it using the laso tool and the magnetic laso tool, but it leaves the outline real sketchy and jagged - not smooth by any standards. Is there another tool or method I can use in order to do this?
    It would be the same method as grabbing a person and putting them somewhere that they weren't kind of thing..make sense? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

OK, as I posted earlier, I am new to photoshop. I do have a few books that I have been looking at (Photoshop 6 Down & Dirty Tricks - awesome) and learning through some of the web based tutorials.

I am experiencing issues with grabbing and singling out objects...
    I am building a website for custom car/truck place. This shop installs lowering kits and other such "customized" paraphanalia...
    I need to be able to take a vehicle and lower it over the wheels and tires...give it that "tucked" look where the tires and wheels actually go inside the fender wells.
    I have been able to do it using the laso tool and the magnetic laso tool, but it leaves the outline real sketchy and jagged - not smooth by any standards. Is there another tool or method I can use in order to do this?
    It would be the same method as grabbing a person and putting them somewhere that they weren't kind of thing..make sense? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

dodge...

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly?
    As in... what exactly are you asking for help with?

If you're trying to extract tires from a photo of a vehicle, i'd probably use either the Circular selection tool, Quick Mask, or Paths (Pen tool).
    The Lasso tools are way to uncontrollable for any kind of precise selecting of objects.

And again, not sure if this is what you're asking about, but... to make the tires look as though they're sitting 'into' the wheel wells, select and remove them from the vehicle, and put them on their own layer below the layer conatining the rest of the vevhicle.

That help?

PS: And don't forget to check that if a selection tool, or any other tools, have the "Anti-Alias" option, that it is turned ON.
    IP

Mark,
    I have a couple pictures that describe what I want to do...I will post them here if possible. I will do it in my next post - I have a user to work on here right now. The pics will be kind of large in size, but not in file size.....
    I will explain those when I post them as well.....
    IP