Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MouseOver PopUp Layers

A few months back i did this and it worked, however i seem to have forgotten which layer has to carry which effects. I tried the "Layers, Mouseover (Rollover) & Pop-ups" on the help section and still couldn't figure it out. Anyway, perhaps someone could explain how to go about this, i would like to create a menu with 3 buttons, the middle button has submenus which should show up when moving mouse over (as on example).

Your feedback will be much appreciated,

Klamsi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	75268  

Default Re: MouseOver PopUp Layers

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Have a look at this Workbook. It might refresh your memory.

Gary

Thanks Gary, i tried this but for some reason i wasn't happy with the results of this function, more getting things uniform which is why i thought the manual way would help achieve reasonable results. However, i will play around more with this Navbar thing, perhaps i will get what i am looking for.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Klamsi

I am not entirely happy with the limitations of the Nav Bar Tool either. But if you work with the limitations of the tool you can produce some good results.

In the best of all worlds, whatever graphic you used for your buttons would be the same graphic in the fly out or drop down menus. As you suggested, you can do this manually on pop-up layers, but it is kind of a drag.

I have found that creating my primary buttons with the two color limitations of the auto-generated Nav Bar buttons works best. It is not as fancy, but it can be seamless and effective.