Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default FTP issues with Designer Pro 6

Twice now I have made changes to my website with designer Pro and each time I uploaded the site my Archive, which is in an iframe within a placeholder has been screwed up somehow. The first time I re uploaded and it seemed to work. but this time I've reuploaded 3 times and it still won't work. Everything else on the site is perfect! Any help will be much appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: FTP issues with Designer Pro 6

Are you uploading via the built in FTP module? Or are you using a third party FTP program?

I export to a folder and then use CuteFTP to upload the files to my server. One of the sites I handle has embedded PDF files which recently went missing.

What I discovered is that the PDF files were placed in the index_html_files folder. And I was creating a new folder every time I updated the site and so the PDF files which were saved in the index_html_files folder were lost.

So, now I keep a permanent folder and always export the site to that folder.

I wonder if this is the problem you are having?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: FTP issues with Designer Pro 6

Hello Gary, I've got the problem sorted now, but thank you for your reply. It's seems I was exporting from the wrong folder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.