Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav Bar problems

Hi.
    I thought I'd give the Nav Bar feature a go having only used repeating buttons.

It seems a bit flaky to me so I removed WD6 and reinstalled the latest version but am still getting unexpected results.

If I created a simple button with a MouseOff and MouseOver states. In its standard form - with a dummy link it is fine. Once I turn it into a Nav Bar it displays the mouse over state on the current page. I thought that this was only supposed to happen if I had a MouseDown state?

I guess I could go back to building individual buttons but that would be a shame because the Nav Bar feature could be a real time saver if I could get it to work.

Here is a copy of the file. Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Nav Bar problems

Hi Squeaky,

From the undocumented features post at the top of this forum.

6. If you want to disable automatic highlighting of the link to current page, add the "NoAutoHighlight" name to the object.

It is a feature that the kind folks at Xara implemented as standard and if you want to disable it you can. Alternately you can create a 3rd state (MouseDown) that will be the constant-on highlighted state for the page that you are on.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Hi Eric:
    Thanks but my understanding of that feature is that it is supposed to work with the MouseDown state. I have actually used it like that to good effect with repeating buttons.

It seems that once buttons go into a nav bar they just don't work as they should. I believe there was a bug in the early release that meant that nav bars only worked with single state buttons but that was supposed to be fixed with the current update which I am running.

It looks to me like it isn't quite sorted yet :-(

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Squeaky,

There is no bug. This is the way the buttons are meant to work. It is the way that they worked in WD6 too. MouseDown does work as the selected page but only if there is a MouseDown state present. If there isn't one the MouseOver state is used to show the current page. That is unless you turn the feature off using the method I mentioned above.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Ah. That would explain it.
    Easy enough to add a mouse down layer with an appropriate graphic or use the Undocumented feature. It would be nice if these 'features' were documented though.

Thanks very much for your help Eric.