Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default weird and wonderful happenings

I expect there is a simple explanation linked to my ineptitude but hope you can find it for me. Have decided to finish a site started in WD5 in WD6 and all ok so far but find that the placeholder with a scroll script in has a gel nav button attached and I can neither find it or remove it. Any ideas.

Also just imported a graphic from the library, edited it and find that when I export it it is in a completely different position.

I must be doing something wrong, please what is it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: weird and wonderful happenings

Try this instead:

<marquee bgcolor="#bac5cb" scrollamount="2.5" direction="up" loop="true" width="120%" height="160%"><center>
    <font color="#000000" size="+2"><strong> The Village of<br>Cradley is blessed<br> with a magnificent<br>Village Hall<br>which, is the end result of<br>much hard work<br>and dedication over<br>the years by residents<br> of Cradley and<br> surrounding areas.<br><p>It is now here for all<br> to use and <br> ENJOY</p>
    </strong></font> </center></marquee>
    No need for the <div tag (you have already included the <center> tag)
    You had not closed the <marquee tag
    And there is no such html tag that exists called </trebuchet>
    Also an unclosed <p> tag
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 July 2010 at 09:10 PM.

Many thanks Sleger fantastic help as usual to we lowly worshippers.

Didn't realise that those mistakes in the html would affect the rest of the page. How did the nav button appear? Just to be a further pain the following is not vital but would be nice: I have attempted to make the background of the scroll match the colour it is on(to make it invisible) but unfortunately it is set on a slightly graded background. I can set the colour by sampling to get it's code but can only do one colour or a mid grade ok, but is there a way to make the scroll background graded to match better?

Cheers in anticipation

Use this:

<marquee scrollamount="2.5" direction="up" loop="true" width="100%" height="100%"><center>
    <font color="#000000" size="+2"><strong> The Village of<br>Cradley is blessed<br> with a magnificent<br>Village Hall<br>which, is the end result of<br>much hard work<br>and dedication over<br>the years by residents<br> of Cradley and<br> surrounding areas.<br><p>It is now here for all<br> to use and <br> ENJOY</p>
    </strong></font> </center></marquee>
    Aslo, please remove the transparency and rounded corner of your placeholder shape. These are ignored.
    The marquee area is defined with the height and width attributes, so use 100% for both (as above) which will result is the marquee area matching the size of the placeholder. Much better for WYSIWYG design

See attached *.web file

Sledger, what can I say but again wonderful just what I wanted to do. So not setting the colour makes the place holder transparent. Logical I suppose. Have dropped the place holders to popup layers and just have to adjust the wording but almost there with the index page.Attached latest .web file

Thanks again. Easy when you know how but still learning.