Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Background Help

Default Background Help

Hello,

A little perplexed with this one.

The site I am building is 955px wide and 'x' height and is essentially on a white background.

What I am wanting is that anyone who has a larger monitor than the websites default width would see the site surrounded by a slightly different coloured background which then gives the impression of a border. much like this example here if you zoom in and out... http://www.aipinsurance.com.au/index.html

How would I do this?

John

Default Re: Background Help

Hi John,

Which version of Web Designer are you using?

With version 6, you can drag'n'drop a colour from the colour line to the pasteboard area (grey area outside the page)

For version 5 you can ctrl+drag'n'drop a colour to the page itself, then create a white rectangle object for your content background.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi John,

Which version of Web Designer are you using?

With version 6, you can drag'n'drop a colour from the colour line to the pasteboard area (grey area outside the page)

For version 5 you can ctrl+drag'n'drop a colour to the page itself, then create a white rectangle object for your content background.
    Thanks Sledger. I'm using v6.

I did as suggested and dragged an obvious colour which did change the colour of the content background however when I export the website and view it the colour is still white?

- John

OK..realised my mistake.. i was applying the colour to a page down in the site and when viewing i wasn't seeing it.

So now I have to apply the colour to all pages on the site. how do you do this or do you manually change it for each page?

Web Properties>>Page Size>>All Pages in the website the same size

If you have odd sized pages, then yes, you will need to do this manually per page.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Web Properties>>Page Size>>All Pages in the website the same size

If you have odd sized pages, then yes, you will need to do this manually per page.
    Many thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.