Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Double-Click Behaviour is Really Annoying

Can you tell me what advantage it has? I don't see double-clicking as being any less of a chore than pressing F4 or F8 or whatever, especially if you use a tablet, yet it gets in the way of functionality that has been there for more than a decade. It just forces you to make an adjustment to your workflow that slows you down.

I think what all you guys are saying is that "I wish Xara would allow more configuration choices in how the UI works, so we can keep old behaviours if we wish".

I think your perception of whether double-clicking interferes with slow-clicking in the Selector depends on how slow or fast you have your double-click speed configured in Windows.

So, you may be able to improve things by setting you double-click time faster in Windows. Obviously that won't suit everyone but I just put it forward as a possible solution for some.

Phil

Double click to edit in the new version?

Edit: Okay, I downloaded and tried the new version. Tis much ado about nothing, now that I've tested. My apologies for the fist shaking.
    Last edited by Regular; 26 July 2010 at 10:15 AM.

Maybe I've missed something here?

2 clicks for the rotation/skew handles
    Double-click to edit shape with orignal tool (eg: rectangle tool)

This is the same as Xtreme 5 / Xtreme Pro 5 / Web Designer 5 / Web Designer 6 / Photo & Graphics Designer.

Not for me. Maybe it's a setting in Options, but it's different for me in XDP6 for the first time.

xdp6 Re: Double-Click Behaviour is Really Annoying

I have to agree with beretgascon here, the behavior I've always seen in XX is that a double-click (when using the Selection tool) is treated as 2 separate clicks, one to select an object, the second to change to the rotation handles, no matter how fast you double-clicked.

That said, I'm liking the double-click to edit, as I have Windows' double-click set really fast, so I'm not likely to get tripped up by it. Also, with the addition (several versions ago) of being able to access the rotation/skew controls from the main handles, the only time I really need to switch to the rotation handles is when I need to manually move the rotation center.

-- Ben

[Edit: I just realized, if the double-click behavior was introduced in XXv5, I wouldn't have noticed it, because I only had version 5 for about a month before I upgraded to 6. I'm used to v3 and 4.]

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Maybe I've missed something here?

2 clicks for the rotation/skew handles
    Double-click to edit shape with orignal tool (eg: rectangle tool)

This is the same as Xtreme 5 / Xtreme Pro 5 / Web Designer 5 / Web Designer 6 / Photo & Graphics Designer.
    That's right and it is still annoying as hell after all this time. It tripped me up several times again today and I noticed it causes something else even more annoying - if you have a multiple selection and you unintentionally invoke the editing tool, it deselects all but the object you click on. The faster you work, the more often it trips you up. It is driving me nuts.

I should sit down and make a list of all the "improvements" that make life harder than it used to be, except it would be too depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    it deselects all but the object you click on
    yes that part is annoying

I still have not got my head completly round that fact that now if I change layer it deselects my objects -very bad news to some workflow when the new gallery was introduced, but no way round it [that I know of], so I have to live with it and adjust
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...