Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Delete my post and images

Having discussed this with E1 we believe the main requirement is anonymity so we have achieved this by changing his name to remove anything that identifies him. Having discussed the question of mass deletion of posts with Steve we conclude that we simply cannot do that. It would break a lot of threads, remove completely some other threads - including posts from other people who might not want their posts removed - and potentially the board software isn’t up to it. As the rules say, making a post is deemed to be making it public, everyone has to keep in mind that it ain’t easy to make something un-public!
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]
    IP

Default Re: Delete my post and images

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBro View Post
    For future reference for anyone else that posts artwork on any forum you would all be much better opening a seperate photobucket account or if you have your own hosting a folder that is only used for forums, then if you wish to withdraw an image from general public view or indeed if you wish to remove all of your images then it can be done easily by either deleting the image from the folder or image account or simply renaming the folder, this will then "auto" update and remove said image from every forum it has been used on.
    A good thing about talkgraphics is that people haven't done as you suggest and because the threads have images hosted on talkgraphics, we haven't had old threads turn to mush as people change hosting providers or forget to renew old accounts.

Really, I think the best advice is not to post things that may prove problematic in the future, for whatever reason. For 99% of the talkgraphics population I can't really see that old posts will ever be an issue and I'd hate to see talkgraphics become full of broken images over time by following this advice.
    IP