Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Delete my post and images

Don't worry, they'll not use it in the following clip art gallery.
    IP

I think for what ever reason a member has , it is none of our business. But yes a member should be allowed to delete posts, graphics posted, or delete their whole account if they wish to.
    Will it hurt the forums ? Of course not , that is silly. I do not have the power to remove your posts and graphics Risto. I would be glad to help you if I did. Perhaps someone with the proper admin privileges will oblige your requests.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    I think for what ever reason a member has , it is none of our business.
    Very true - I'm just being nosy
    Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    But yes a member should be allowed to delete posts, graphics posted, or delete their whole account if they wish to.
    I don't think they will either do it or even be able to do it. Deleting an account is easy, but it doesn't delete any posts made by that account holder. Deleting his uploaded graphics is feasible and he has every right to request that, but deleting his posts is an almost impossible task, quite apart from the fact that this would render many threads he has contributed to meaningless or at least disjointed. Anyway, any text a user posts is deemed to be public (to the users of the forum) and afaik he has no right to request that his posts be deleted.

If there are a number of posts that he feels stop him earning money (i'm just guessing here) then he could simply ask that his account username be changed so that his posts cannot be identified to him. It's not ideal but it might get him out of this fix.

Anyway, I've just made a delicious vegetable curry and am going to sit back and enjoy it. Cheers for now, me dears!
    IP

lol i find this thead funny, it's not public but it's posted in a public forum. I guess you have artwork featured here that you would like to sell exclusive rights too. Hence the reason my real work and my hobby stay seperate.

Good luck with that one.
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

I know it is a bit late now and hope the OP manages to achieve his goal, of course he should be able to easily remove his own work.........................

For future reference for anyone else that posts artwork on any forum you would all be much better opening a seperate photobucket account or if you have your own hosting a folder that is only used for forums, then if you wish to withdraw an image from general public view or indeed if you wish to remove all of your images then it can be done easily by either deleting the image from the folder or image account or simply renaming the folder, this will then "auto" update and remove said image from every forum it has been used on.

Best of luck Risto as you have said this concerns nobody else and I hope you manage to sort the problem out
    IP

problem is - moderator[s] have a habit of 'helpfully' adding your image to the forum, so then you are stuck like this

its in the rules that they can do this
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

My curry was delicious. Mmmmmm
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Delete my post and images

Hello beretgascon. Here's an idea. Just write a quick note and attach it to all your work saying 'that it is copywrited'. That way no one will try to use your work. Don't worry, we all want you to feed your family. good luck.
    IP

whats the difference between:

a comic book artist and a 24 inch pizza?

answer:

a 24" pizza can feed a familly of four

this thread has run its course[s] methinks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Hello? Xara, I replied to your email days ago... Still waiting to "discuss".

Please email me please.
    Last edited by webmaster; 30 July 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    IP