Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My creation

Default Re: My creation

That looks a LOT different than the 1st time I looked at your site. Big change. Here are some comments that I hope help. Please note they will be mainly focused on your home page. The other available pages appear to still be in very rough form while the home page seems close.

1 - I like the color scheme of this home page much better than the previous one( red, orange, etc... ). I noticed the Mission page is still orange. It is not as appealing as the home page in my opinion. Keep all the pages more or less the same theme and use the same basic colors. I think your theme on the home page, and the gray, blue, and lime green color scheme, is pretty cool.

2 - Everything fits properly for the most part this time on the home page. Nothing is stretched way out of shape. However, the Mission page is off. The orange background field stretches way off to the side( right on my system ).

3 - I think you would be better served to have the text in your photo panel at the top of the home page be one color. The black > white > black > white look is not very appealing visually. Perhaps you are just experimenting to see what color looks best? I would play around a little and find one color that shows up the best. You also need to move or increase/decrease the size of the text line as it ends right on the edge of the arm of the guy standing with his thumb up. It needs to extend onto his body more or fall short of his body( my choice ). Just doesn't look right where it ends now to me. I might even see if I couldn't get it to fit in the space between the two photos so it is not on a person at all or as little as possible.

4 - I might try shortening up the shadow length on the text title lines in the 3 center boxes( chat/e-mail/phone ). They look a little long for the font size to me. Nothing wrong with the idea/look just shorten the shadows a little.

5 - I see something on your site that happens to me quite often as well. You have some text that is displaying outside of the intended area( I assume )under the Pro Online Solutions box in the middle of the page. The text line is too long for the framed area and is sticking past the border or is touching it in a few spots. I have this happen to me too. Everything lines up fine in WD but after exporting in HTML it displays different. You have to go back and adjust your text position often with WD( WD5 anyway ).

6 - The E-Mail support box has a different colored shadow than the ones on either side of it. As with #1 above I am a big fan of continuity and themes on web sites. The blue shadow actually doesn't look that bad but in my opinion use blue or gray only for everything. As with the black and white text maybe you are just checking to see what looks best?

7 - The only thing on your home page, besides the black and white text, I really don't like is the Pro Online Solutions box. The outline shadow effect does not look very good to me and it does not match what you have done elsewhere. Make it the same type of shadow as everything else or don't use a shadow at all. I would also increase the height of the box on the top/up side. Raise the top up until you have the same gap under the 3 boxes( chat/e-mail/phone )as you do at the bottom over the 4 boxes. This box is just not positioned right. Everything else on your home page has symmetrical gaps. If you made it a little taller to provide even gaps on the top and bottom it would let you adjust the text inside so it all fits properly with less effort as a bonus.

8 - The About Us and Contact menus to the left are repeated in the 4 boxes at the bottom as well as the overhead menu bar. No need for those 2 boxes to the side. I would get rid of them completely and let the Pro Online Solutions box take up that entire area( sized accordingly ). It would really clean up and bring your theme together. Those two menus don't really match the rest of the elements of the home page.

9 - Let those bottom 4 boxes be the bottom of the page for the most part. Other than a little empty area to keep the page from ending right on the boxes I would only add a hit counter or something like that under them. No other elements of the site itself. Is that a Google search box down there? What is the reasoning for that? I would lose the big blue box that I assume is a menu box similar to the one on your contact page. You have the overhead menu bar as the main navigation aide so it gets very redundant when you add more and more menus/navigation aides.

10 - Run spell check and be sure you have things spelled properly.

Hope you take all of this with the good intent with which it was made. I really like your concept. You have some very appealing visual elements to your site. With some tweaking it could be really good. Hopefully something here can help you out? Best of luck. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Post Re: My creation

hello everyone,

First let me thank u all for the time u all spent in checking the site and giving valuable feedback. For last few days i was busy with some other chores. I read your replies yesterday and found them very helpful. Based on what you suggested, and make many changes in the website.

Its still incomplete as I am still working on content of many pages. However Home Page is almost complete. Except, few links and buttons. I will complete it by today.

Please visit the site http://www.proonlinesolutions.com/index.htm and suggest any changes, and let me know if u think anything looks wrong or negative.

Regards
    manu

This line shouldn't have plural s:
    "We believes in providing unparalleled Customer support"
    I like the overall look.

Jim

Looks better every time you revise it.

Don't forget to check your spelling and grammar. Trust me people pick those things apart.

Here are a few more observations on your most recent revision based on seeing it on my system...

1 - In the header area where you say "A leading Outsourcing Service provider. Powerful and Flexible, adaptable to your organization." the ful on the end of Powerful kind of blends away into the background. I know it is really hard to add text to a photo background and have it be visible everywhere on the photo. It isn't bad but maybe spend a little more time experimenting with colors to see if you can come up with one that shows better. Leave the Pro Online Solutions in white and perhaps do the text line under in a different color. Even changing the font can take care of it at times.

Also, I think I would lose the capitol letters in the middle of the sentance unless you do something to them such as use the italic feature for those words. JMO and not a huge deal.

2 - The icons in the 3 boxes( chat/e-mail/phone )are stretched/skewed a little again. Almost looks like you have those areas grouped and didn't resize them equally( what I mean is you made them shorter without making them narrower ). If they are grouped and you shorten them without making a similar change to the width it will compress those images. Maybe they were like that when they were gray? Just looks slightly off now that they are colored. Looks better colored but I would try and fix the images so they look more natural and in the correct proportion(JMO).

3 - The blue bar at the bottom of the page. Needs to move up a little so it doesn't sit right on the very bottom edge. Needs to come in at each side leaving a gap as you have elsewhere as well. It is the only thing that goes completely edge to edge and thus, to me anyway, sticks out.

4 - Inconsistent gaps. Some things are placed way to the left and some way to the right. Try and get it so there are equal gaps on each side. Doesn't have to be the same gap for every item just equal on each side of that area/row whenever possible. Also, many rows have different gaps between the item such as the chat/e-mail/phone grouping. It is set to the right and the spacing between the 3 boxes is not the same. Another example would be all of your items at the top of the page( logo, support, phone #, overhead nav bar, and header ). They are set to the left too far. They all seem to be lined up with each other properly but they are set to the left too far(IMO).

I am not being a jerk and hope it isn't coming across that way. As I said above you are doing better with each revision. That is a very eye catching home page. Just spend a little more time on the fine details even if it is just a rough temp job to show us.
    Last edited by gsthunder; 31 July 2010 at 11:49 AM.

I'd make the part that says:

A leading Outsourcing Service provider. Powerful
    and Flexible, adaptable to your organization

say:

A leading outsourcing service provider.
    Powerful and flexible, adaptable to your organization

Centred on the Pro Online Solutions above. Not Left justified. You can edit the text size to fit the space available if necessary, but do not drag it to shorten, as this will change the aspect ratio, and cause all sorts of problems.

As gsthunder says, I'd also lose the capitals in the middle of the sentence.

Also mentioned above, some pictures seem to have been stretched sideways. You should correct this as they look wrong.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ah, finally someone who spells like I do.

I did not see anything wrong until Frank pointed it out.

A Missing Statement is very different from a Mission Statement, unless one's Mission is to Go Missing.

THanks for all your suggestions. I have completed the website. please check now.

http://www.proonlinesolutions.com

between the logo on the left and the stumble upon on the right i see a large open white area.Should place something there

again a good looking website, great use of complimentary colours.

Kash