Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redesigned

Default Redesigned

Updated one of my sites with a new look...

http://www.rdowninghomes.com/

Default Re: Redesigned

Excellent, looks very nice.
    One slight problem with the upper left slide show which seems to show the photos slightly higher than the frame (in google chrome), other wise thumbs up

Same problem in Firefox, but seems ok in Internet Explorer. Site looks great.

Thanks.

Actually, that darn slideshow is driving me nuts! I have used 3-4 different scripts to try and make it work properly. There is interferance from the Webstyle4 navbar .js files with the <body "onload="> code used in most Java slideshows. If I use a code that always puts the slideshow in the perfect spot it won't run due to the navbar files as said.

The only script I have been able to come up with so far that will work with the navbar is the one I am using. However, it ends up displaying in different spots on the page in different browsers. Driving me nuts as said.

The customer wants a slideshow there and I do agree it is a very visually pleasing element of the page. So, until I can figure out how to get it all to work I am running this script even though it doesn't display properly everywhere. IE is the most popular browser so I went with that for now.

Aaarggh!

Could you replace the javascript slideshow with a flash animation? That way you won't get any javascript conflicts with your menu.

Well yes I could and I actually have done so in the last hour. I didn't want to do that however because my slideshow software always shows control buttons even when you tell it not to. I really didn't want that to show in the slideshow nor did I want people to be able to open a slideshow screen. I just wanted the photos to cycle through. I am using the flash program for it right now though until I figure something else out. Talked with the customer and got them to agree it is better to have the buttons and have it display properly for everyone than not have them and have it all over the screen.

Web design is a lot of fun but it can also drive you nuts!

I agree with xtom, and if you are using WD6 you can easily embed it as an .mp4 or .flv

Here's a very useful and free slideshow creator that will will work with Photos, movies clips and audio files.

With WD6, you can hide the controls by placing an object over them.
    (You will need to add wmode="transparent" to the embed code)

Alternatively, you can create your own flash slide show using the Web Designer animation tools.
    See the xaraxone guest tutorial #71
    http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest71/

IE is the most popular browser
    Technically, it's the most 'used' browser rather than the most popular

Thanks.

I don't have WD6 however just FYI. I have WD5.

I will look at the two things you suggest.

Nice site, it looks very American.
    The page would load faster if you grouped some of your images.
    'Providing our customers WITH high quality...'?

PS
    I just noticed your unhelpful thread title. Grrrrrr
    Last edited by salaam; 25 July 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Thread tiltle
    True love is the ultimate truth

No need for with. It is grammatically correct as is.

What is the issue with my thread title? I "redesigend" a site I already had.