Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redesigned

Default Re: Redesigned

What the heck. If anyone is interested to know I will mention this. I did a lot of the interior finish work( hardwood floors, kitchens, interior trim, etc... )on a few of the houses shown. I used to do that before I got sick and had to stop in early 2009. Worked on most of the houses shown on the site( 75% at least )but they didn't start taking interior photos or doing the web site until a couple years ago so a lot of the work I did is not there.

I did the interior finish carpentry work on these houses with my Brother...

http://www.rdowninghomes.com/page6.htm
    http://www.rdowninghomes.com/page10.htm
    http://www.rdowninghomes.com/page11.htm

NOTE - I do not do this work anymore so I am not trying to get business( nor would I take any if asked ). I am not related to nor am I a partner with the business owner. I only know him through my former job which is how I got the webmaster gig. I only posted this info as a side note to the web site.
    Last edited by gsthunder; 27 July 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    The site owner likes it and the target audience seems to understand it so that is all that matters to me. I certainly am not losing sleep over someone from France or the UK picking my site apart over a "with".
    of course
    and
    no reason why you should

your knowledge of your business is what counts - and producing a good site, which you have

as for the rest of it - you have made your position and your understanding clear
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Looks good!

As a flash developer, I have a debugging version of the flash player installed and it throws up several errors like this:

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox violation: http://i1.ypcdn.com/webyp/flash/player.swf cannot load data from http://www.yellowpages.com/images/lo...=&rt=&tp=&cr=0.
    at tracking::Adtracker/makeRequest()
    at tracking::Adtracker/generateRequest()
    at classes::Player()
    at player_fla::MainTimeline/addPlayer()
    at player_fla::MainTimeline/LoadXML()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

99% of the people viewing your site won't see this message and the site will work perfectly for them (as well as me once I tell the player to ignore errors).

You can just ignore it - fine - but it seems to be a technical issue related to the adverts on the site. There's a possibillity that if you receive revenue from fielding the ads, that the adtracking/serving process may not be working as it should.

I'm not saying that you are responsible for the problem, just letting you know that it is there, even if hardly anyone visiting will ever see it.

Paul

Thanks Paul. I will pass the error code you provided along. The only control I have over it is embeding the code from yp.com for it. I tried to get the actual movie flash file itself but they won't allow it. The site owner and I get no revenues for it being on the site. He has a yellowpages.com account and this is the video from their page on him.

Thanks again.

Cool. It's because they are using two domains and haven't set up permissions for the flash file posted in one domain to be able read data from the other. Strictly speaking seeing the code wouldn't help solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsthunder View Post
    I know someone mentioned it makes no sense in French.
    Err... this was a joke to lighten the tone. Clearly something else that was lost in translation?

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Err... this was a joke to lighten the tone. Clearly something else that was lost in translation?

Must have been?

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Err... this was... ...to lighten the tone
    I said you should have used a bleach transparency Frank
    et puis... aucun problème
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...