Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Navigation Bar Puzzle

I know I must be missing something dead obvious here! I've done several web sites in Xtreme Pro 5 and DP 6 but have never had cause to use the navigation bar tool before. Trying to get the hang of it now in DP6 but this is confusing me more than a little.

The attached example .xar file has a very simple grouped object on each of 2 layers (MouseOff and MouseOver). The 2 grouped objects are then 'soft grouped' across the 2 layers.

Using 'Arrange|Create Navigation Bar...' gives the error message shown in the screen shot.

The help text explicitly says that this should be quite possible - provided that both states are 'soft grouped' together.

Could anyone just give me a clue what simple thing I'm missing here? (my poor old brain must be dead today)

Scrim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar_error.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	74694  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Navigation Bar Puzzle

Did you get the update? This error (in cases where it shouldn't have come up) has been corrected. In the original demo download, you could only create an object with a single state to get the nav bar function to work, but with the patch, it works as expected.

Does that help?

Default Re: Navigation Bar Puzzle

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    Does that help?
    Duh! No wonder I couldn't figure it. Sorry to be a such a numpty and thanks for letting me know.

Cheers :-)