Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Photo gallery

Default Photo gallery

Hi
    I am trying to make a photo gallery.
    I have tried several options. The first being, I make a square shape and then
    right click drag on the shape to make a few identicle shapes. When i try and fill that shape with a photo by replacing the bitmap, all the shapes fill with the same photo. I have tried removing soft group etc ( but they are not a group just copies of themselves) but i cannot fix this problem.

When i import a photo gallery set it does the same. Sometimes i can fix the imported gallery issue by using the "arrange" remove soft group function . I must be honest when i manage to fill one photo at a time i am not sure what i did and how i managed to ungroup the gallery set. I then cannot repeat my achievement.

Some advise would be great tx

Default Re: Photo gallery

Hold CTRL+SHIFT when you drag'n'drop a photo.

Perfect.Thank you

Hi Sledger

I spoke to soon. Your suggestion works for shapes that are a copy of themselves.

I have tried ctrl/shft with the photo galleries and it still duplicates the photo. I am trying to add two photo galleries together but if i place a photo in one the next imported (not copied) galleries identicle picture also changes.

Please let me know what im doing wrong
    tx

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Biglove,

I can't replicate that. I added two versions of one of the Xara photo gallery templates. When I hold down either Ctrl or Ctrl+Shift when dragging in photo from a file folder, it always asks me what I want to change.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I haven't completely worked this out yet, but sometimes I get the message asking if I want to update just one - sometimes I don't. Sometimes when I ctrl drag a picture it just replaces the one without asking, sometimes it replaces both.
    I did figure out that right clicking and optimizing the picture removes the link.
    As for the other, I think it is to do with the "autoreplace" and the "photreplaced" names. I am going to try again this afternoon.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Photo Gallery - thats more or less the most importand reason why I upgraded to WD6. It makes it very simple to have a photo gallery from scratch.

-Just place all the images onto the site you want them, on one single spot
    -Select them all
    -Then right click on the selected pictures and select "Web Properties"
    - There select the Tab "Image"
    - Put a tick into "Pop-up photo" - define a pixel setting you want
    - Click onto Options and select the features you want to use, e.g. Slideshow etc
    - Then OK twice
    - done

You can do this for ever picture seperatly, if you want different pixel settings.

Quickly done, the end result, would look something like this: Gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture_slideshow.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	74738