Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default saving docs upon close

I'm using the trial version of DP6 and I notice that when I close the program with documents open the program just closes without prompting to save the documents. The next time I open xara, those docs (weather saved or not) open back up.
    If I open an unsaved doc directly from windows explorer I'm told that it is already open and asked if I want to revert or open a copy.
    I would prefer the more typical option of being forced to either save or discard changes in all docs upon closing the program.
    Is there an option for this?
    thanks as always,
    John

Default Re: saving docs upon close

Yep, in the Window-Options menu (under Backup I think).

I have disabled this function too, I got a mess of a lot of open documents after a short time.

JimR

there is a new tab in options called 'backups'

you need to untick the second option - and maybe both...

[I have them both unticked myself]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There's an option to turn that off, but I don't have a windows machine handy to get a screenshot of it (I'm sure someone will be around shortly).

As I recall it's something about "backing up documents on close" (which is different from the options to save backup versions of documents).
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi cubswinn, Utilities> options and on the backups tab you can change this by clearing the tick from "back up open documents on program close and restore on start" The program will then ask you if want to save any unclosed documents when you close. Alternatively you can close just the document window first and you will be prompted to save.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backups tab.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	74638  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

If you just close the active window before you close the program you will be prompted to save the file.

Designer and Web Designer and Photo and Graphics Designer create automatic backups. When you shut down the program without saving your file, Xara creates a backup which is what loads the next time you open the program. If you have several open documents when you shut down, Xara loads all of these at startup. I find it very convenient, but I can understand how not everyone might not be comfortable with this scheme.