Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default placeholder size for flash file

I have a picture that i have copied from mouse off to a 3rd layer (ctrl+alt+v) that has a swf file. The file is attatched/embedded in the exact same picture so the picture acts like a place holder ( inorder to get the same size) and the picture on mouse off is linked to the flash file so runs when its clicked and all seemlessless works..... but the pop up place holder is quite a bit smaller ...this has happend before to me but ji ust spent ages to get the two the same size.

why is the place holder displayed smaller and more importantly how do i get the two to match...i.e what is old scruffy doing wrong?

ta

Default Re: placeholder size for flash file

Did you check that the placeholder does not have a beam outside?
    Standardwise its set to 1px I guess. So you should skip that to none.
    Regards

thanks for the reply but all set to zero for margins anyone else any ideas whay placeholder appears smaller?

Unsure, what you mean by pasting a swf into a site, but here is a way, that definatly will work.

-Just place the picture in as a picture and resize it to the required size
    -then right click onto the picture and select "Web properties"
    -Select the Tab "Placeholder"
    -then click onto "Browse" next to the field "Replace with Flash"
    -select the Flash (swf) file you want and then OK

It does not matter what sice you use for the picture as such, since the flash file will play at it's own size, but you get less layout problems if the picture is in the right size (same as the swf file).

Hi B

Thanks for the reply. Done all that but still no joy BUT this may be why.....I thought .swf fills the size of the place holder so its size is determind by the place holder not by the size of the animation page . If the answer isits size is determined by export amination page size then likely the picture used in the flash is not quite the same size as the picture used in the placeholder.

can anyone confim thanks

scruffy

Your place holder can be 10x10 pixel, but if the swf file is defined at 475x254 pixel, it will play at 475x254 pixels and will place itself somewhat, where ever WD thinks it might look nice, but this is most likely not where you want it.

To get it exactly where you want it, it's better to have the exact same size for the placeholder as the swf file.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    so the picture acts like a place holder ( inorder to get the same size)
    Web Designer 6 totally ignores the internal sizing of the .swf file and will create a 192x192px placeholder no matter the resolution or aspect ratio of the .swf it embeds.
    You will have to exactly match the placeholder size to the .swf file, but make certain you disable 'regenerate placeholder image automatically' in the placeholder options.

You can determine the native size of the .swf by using a desktop .swf player such as the free Swiff Player

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swf-res.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	74739