Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I add a robot meta name?

I need to add the following to the index page in Xara Designer Pro 6:
    <meta name="robots" content="index,follow,noodp,noydir" />

Is this possible?

Default Re: How do I add a robot meta name?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Create a placeholder object (a rectangle). Click the yellow tag icon on the Infobar and name the rectangle <head>

With the rectangle still selected, copy and paste the meta tag line into the Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code text entry box.

Gary...I've been placing meta tags to head section with text editors since beginning html coding in '95. By using the <head> placeholder for robot, author etc. meta data, does that affect or influence the page name, description and keyword additions under Page properties? Just want to know if I need to re-enter everything meta under the <head> placeholder or if it just adds the tags in the right spot to what's already there. I just had to rebuild everything for a client because of a glitch while exporting site after hand entering meta data via notepad++. Flip flopping Xara AND text editors to accomplish simple chores is defeating the purpose. Appreciate any help.

Xara web applications rewrite each HTML page that is changed when you publish your site or even preview your page or site.

So, unless you are very insistent on editing your page each time you preview or publish, then placeholders are the way to go.

Web Designer 7 has added the ability to add scripts and code to the Head and Body sections so you do not need to use a placeholder. And you can add many lines to the head or body section for a single page or for the entire website.

So, for example, I used to use a placeholder to add a copyright meta tag and to color my scroll bars (Internet Explorer only). In the latest Workbook, I just added these two bits of code to the Website HTML Code (head) section.

As far as Title, Description, and Keywords, these already exist in the Website Properties section.

So in essence, you can hand code now in WD7, and you only need to do it once.

Thanks Gary. Appreciate the quick response.