Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All
    I don't want to spam the forum so I will keep it short. This is Xara X realted. I help with a graphics challenge/ contest that is hosted at an associates of mine web site. Xara Ltd. Is sponsoring our challenge again this month and they are giving away a copy of Xara X. So if you are interested or know anyone else that might be interested check out our contest here.
    http://www.nebulus.org/challenge/
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hi All
    I don't want to spam the forum so I will keep it short. This is Xara X realted. I help with a graphics challenge/ contest that is hosted at an associates of mine web site. Xara Ltd. Is sponsoring our challenge again this month and they are giving away a copy of Xara X. So if you are interested or know anyone else that might be interested check out our contest here.
    http://www.nebulus.org/challenge/
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Sounds like a cool contest, but you have to have an existing URL to post your entries. What if you don't have one?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Smorg - I didn't read their requirements through so I don't know if you are right. If you are, and xarans just need a server to hold their image I'm sure you could post it here or in the test forum. Then right click on the image and check its properties. That will tell you the url of the image. If you tell somebody that they will get a browser window with only your image. (For the purposes of the contest the logo and card could be submitted as one jpg).

Note the method I describe can be used to place an inline image within your forum posts.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=2601919041

For this example I used the url of the previously posted image inside the UBB "image" tag.

Anyways, if you find you need a host for a html page or two, contact me - I can host it on my website if that would help.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi Smorg
    Yes you do have to have some web space somwhere that the image could be posted too and could be viewed by voters. This is so that at the end of the contest the other contestants can view all of the entries by looking at the file. So it would have to hang out on someones server for a month or so until the judging is finished. All of the contestants vote on each other. The winner is picked by their peers. There are a lot of free web site services available. Or maybe Ross or myself could help out and post the image at one of our web sites if needed.
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Thanks, guys! That's extremely generous. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Work is hoppin' right now, but I'll try to get back to you ASAP so I don't leave you hanging (by a thread...and Judi A's in The Textile Challenge was very lovely, too!) so I'll buzz back before this afternoon's over.

BTW, did you know that Nebulus has a RealDraw Pro and Picture Publisher board in their forum? No Xara or Corel, but if you like those programs, check it out (I haven't yet).

[This message was edited by smorg on May 07, 2001 at 09:43 AM.]

Smorg
    Let me know if you need to post an image for the contest. Yes we do have a Picture Publisher Forum and started one for Real Draw. But if anyone there wants to know about Xara , I send them over here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

Thanks, Bruce. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to the board, but I'm still getting work and it's almost 6:00 p.m. PST (I do typesetting for a printer from home; it's been that kind of day). I tried to work out some ideas in-between jobs, but nothing can "stick" if you only have five minutes here or there.

Oops...there goes the phone again. I will definitely let you know one way or another. The entries so far are really impressive.