Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: ArtRage

Default ArtRage

Has anyone used this program? I need to try the demo but just based on info on the web page and the tutorials, it would be a great tool to add to my Xara arsenal. It is NOT a Xara plug in mind you, but I would love to add a more artistic "painted" quality to some of my designs.

Anyone have experience with it?

http://www.artrage.com/index.html

Duane

Default Re: ArtRage

I'm a complete novice with it - as you can tell!! - but my advice is ... get it! Great fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mown_grass.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	69152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doodle.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	69153  

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thumbs up Re: ArtRage

Good Program. Helps to have if you have a graphics tablet. Very naturalistic way to paint with pixels. It is not a vectors program.

There are several examples of images painted with Artrage on this thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42973, some are Artrage/Xara hybrids.
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

I have version 2.5 which I use mostly for sketching [which can be ported into xtreme and vectored] and some painting effects

as I recall a disadvantage of the free version over ver 2 is there is no layer support

the new paid for version 3 has moved on quite a bit - I was impressed by the trial

its a great program for those who want results but do not need hundreds of options
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, I’ve just bought Xara P&GD to work with ArtRage 3 (AR), and it’s working out a treat. I’m sketching in pencil in AR, bringing it into Xara, doing the inking, then back into AR for the colour. To take advantage of layers in AR, I’m exporting the inked line art as a GIF (or png) with a transparent background. Attached is a typical example of what I’m achieving so far.

I’m absolutely no expert at drawing, inking or colouring for that matter, it’s just a hobby (better than golf?) but, ArtRage 3 (imho), is a great fun program for the money – it really is just like using paint, especially the watercolours.

Check out the ArtRage forum gallery for examples of what can be done in the right hands.

If anyone's got any advice on creating comic strips (especially work flow) using Xara, it would be most welcome.

Thanks, Juno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jono-xara-artrage.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	74712  

Hi Juno

a discussion on creating cartoon strips could be interesting - but it would be offtopic here - better keep the mods happy and start a new thread
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi handrawn, good call - thanks for the advice. I would hate to get on the wrong side of the mods with my first post! I’ll familiarise myself with existing threads, then maybe start a new one. Cheers, Juno.