Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Layer error

Default Layer error

This might be the wrong spot for this question so sue me.

I'm using Xtreme 5 to revamp the village web site for which I am responsible and have a lot of pictures to post after the bi-weekly concert in the park series. (http://www.villageofsloan.org/citp2010.htm)

I have no trouble whatsoever putting the initial photos on using the rollover effect but when I tried to put the second set on, I get an error stating:
    "The object you have created has been added to a layer that is locked or invisible. You may not be able to see it or select it. Use the Object Gallery to make the layer unlocked and visible."

The only option, besides "help" is "Show All"
    When I do that, EVERYthing is visible and I have to go through each object to hide it again. Is there a way to get around this? Or am I just lazy?

Thanks
    J

Default Re: Layer error

I've seen this many times. It happens when I'm trying to put a picture or object on a layer that is locked. Check to see what layer you are actually applying the picture to. You do that by looking in the object gallery. In your version, I'm not sure how it is shown but there should be some highlight or ball showing which layer you're on. That will give you the clue to why the picture will not apply.

Hope that helps.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Thread moved to: Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme / Designer Pro

Thanks, Karateed!