Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: scroll bars on the dark UI

I've started a new thread on the topic of eye damage due to monitor use

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...298#post373298
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: scroll bars on the dark UI

Quote Originally Posted by Add.O.B. View Post
    The brightness/contrast adjustment is basically all you need to get everything readable and not hurting your eyes.
    This assumes that you only ever deal with colour. Some of us, however, have a lot more stuff to deal with, like mattes and 3D wireframes and things like that, totally unrelated to colour and that have totally different requirements. High contrast is a totally non-negotiable part of that, regardless of anything else.
    The less contrast and brightness - the lower load on eyes. That's the known fact for every computer graphics professional.
    I've been a computer graphics professional for 15 years and I have never, ever heard that before. I think you just made it up. I need all the contrast I can get, so that I can see all the detail in an image. What I want in my GUI is neutrality, which is why mid-grey is such a good choice [38% is perceived as half-way between black and white by the human eye and should be the target grade for a neutral theme]. It will help you see all the detail in both the brightest and darkest parts of your images, so that you can get the best results possible.