Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu links not working

I am completely new to web design and my knowledge is building as I go along. Getting started on Xara is pretty easy, but i don't have the technical expertise to fix a problem with my menu going wrong. All help greatly appreciated. My problem is that my menu isn't recognising drop downs or sub menu's - however you refer to them. All was going well and using the tutorials and my site was coming along nicely but for whatever reason the menu just doesn't do what it's supposed to. None of the technical stuff on the Xara site answers the problem. I have kept previous versions of the site as it has evolved, but I cannot see what I have done to stop the menu working. Is it easy enough to scrap the current menu and maybe start again?

Default Re: Menu links not working

Hi Dazman,

It would be helpful if you could attache your *.web file....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Hey Karateed,

I hope I have done this file attachment correctly.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated. The site is for a career change, and I thought I would give it a go designing my own. Maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew?

Menu issues aside, if you have any constructive criticism on the content, I would welcome that too.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Dazman,

Ok, I can see you do get the drop downs but only when hovering over the very top edge of the primary button for the 2 buttons that use drops. At this time I'm not sure what is causing that. It looks as if you've built the menu bar correctly.

Site looks very nice, professional which is what we're all trying for right?

I wouldn't give up yet....the real experts will be along soon and guide you aright. Today unfortunately I don't have much time to try to solve issues but this looks an interesting problem.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

It looks like you have deleted some of the "autorepeat" names from the menu and moved all menu layers to the MouseOff layer.

The menu on the Terms and Conditions page seem O.K. you could use that to replace the faulty copies.

Thanks for looking anyway. Much appreciated. Thanks for your feedback. I certainly don't intend to give up - it's taken me ages to get this far. Cheers. Daz.

Thanks for your tip Drwyd. I tried copying and pasting first which didn't work, then I tried using the "arrange - repeat on all pages" function, and that didn't work either. Shut the laptop down and re-booted, and lo and behold it worked second time around using "arrange". All appears to be well again, although I haven't a clue how it fixed itself. Cheers. Daz.