Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer 6.0.1 patch

Quote Originally Posted by Xlogic View Post
    ......must I re-tweak the registry to obtain the original dark skin?
    You can use the CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S skin toggle.

It's back! Very exciting to get back on XWD6 in it's intended form. Once again Sledger...THANKS!

Will be busy playing post patch this evening! Better late than never - so far patch is doing it's thing.

Thanks to XARA & TG!!!

Great to finally see an update. Thank you!
    (stupid question alert) OK, I was one of the X users that had to tweak the registry and go with the grey skin in order to have decent functionality. Now that the July 9th update has been installed and I'm still seeing the grey skin must I re-tweak the registry to obtain the original dark skin?

Sorry, but I've become a bit tweak shy so I'd rather hear it from you folks before delving into the registry again. Many thanks!
    Xlogic,
    Can you expand on this? When you say "in order to have decent functionality", is it anything like what I am experiencing:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=46625

Thanks.

3JB- Not sure if I can be of much help here. My issues were posted at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44581 and seem to be resolved with update 6.0.1.13296DL from July 9th. The program now runs as (I think) XARA intended. I can run program in dark skin now and preview, Flash and placeholders are working fine. The patch has taken nearly 3 months to arrive and I'm still "running as admin" by choice but so far (2 days) all is well.

I also contemplated removing programs but ultimately decided not to and just waited for the patch. Glad I waited...patch seems to not care about any of the 68+ programs installed on Windows 7 - 32bit. Keep pestering X support with details.

I'm a big fan of WD6 but am sorry not to be able to offer you any quick fix. It's frustrating but worth the temporary hair pulling.
    Last edited by Soquili; 15 July 2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: removed the leading URL= so the link functions in the post

Patch????
    Since March 31, when I purchased this software, I'm lucky I can get to use. After a few back and forths with support, they gave me a fix in one of the program directories. Until then I couldn't register, update, nothing. In fact, all I would see is the trail has expired and
    close. At least the fix they send got me to use this program.
    However, I still can't contact XARA from the help menu, all I get is an error.
    So here I sit with a program that half works and half doesn't. A patch, a bit of a joke to me because of the error, I can't download anything. The best part is if go into my products account, there it show registered version. That don't mean much in my case.
    Never had a problem with ver. 5 not the 13 other XARA programs I own.
    OH well......I guess I will have to spend for the pro and hope to heck that works but I am not to optimistic about that. It sounds as if I'm not alone.
    Mike P
    A real loyal customer.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You can use the CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S skin toggle.
    Hello Sledger...I'm back...
    Mike P

3JB- Not sure if I can be of much help here. My issues were posted at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44581 and seem to be resolved with update 6.0.1.13296DL from July 9th. The program now runs as (I think) XARA intended. I can run program in dark skin now and preview, Flash and placeholders are working fine. The patch has taken nearly 3 months to arrive and I'm still "running as admin" by choice but so far (2 days) all is well.

I also contemplated removing programs but ultimately decided not to and just waited for the patch. Glad I waited...patch seems to not care about any of the 68+ programs installed on Windows 7 - 32bit. Keep pestering X support with details.

I'm a big fan of WD6 but am sorry not to be able to offer you any quick fix. It's frustrating but worth the temporary hair pulling.
    Well at least you folks are able to update and use...
    Mike P
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 July 2010 at 04:46 AM.

I'm currently using WD6.0012008 - is the 6.0.1 later than this - 'cos I can't find it (any patch later than 5.0.1) in the downloads area. How do I get to the latest version.
    I'm currently having problems with one of my sites that (was) working OK, but suddenly all the images that are marked to pop-up an enlargement on mouse click, are all loading the enlargement (of all the images on the page) as soon as the page loads. I still have a couple of sub-sites that are working and exporting normally.
    Have I done something stupid, or is this a bug?
    Your help please

Rob

Mikep ..just wondered if you uninstalled your xwd6 then re installed the new version ?
    That worked for me
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !

Actually, my understanding is that is the only way it will work properly.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11