Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with Layers

I have pages in a site I have designed where I use layers to link from a menu on the right hand side.
    When a link is clicked the layer opens on the left which is what I want to happen. Then by clicking anywhere on the page you are returned to the original page information.

However in Firefox, this also happens if you click on the scrollbar or drag the scrollbar down to view the bottom half of a page which gives users a problem.

Have I done something wrong or can this be overcome so that scrolling can be used whilst retaining the correct layer in view?

The page to view as an example is http://www.nottinghamshire-ia.org.uk/publications.htm

Default Re: Problem with Layers

Welcome to the forums GB.

You need to lock the layers.

Here's the details from Covoxer which refer to WD6 or Designer Pro 6:

Locking pop-ups. Similar to the locking pop-ups tweak in the WD5 tweakset. The pop-up layer which name contains "(lock)" is a locking layer. If opened with the on-click layer pop-up it will lock visible until explicitly closed. However, if initiated by on mouse over pop-up it's not locked. To close the locked pop-up layer you need a button (any object with a link) placed on this layer. The URL link of this button should be: "popup:close".

That's the simplified use. For hardcore users there is an advanced syntax.
    Any URL that begins with "popup:" is treated as a special command that can open and close multiple pop-up layers simultaneously. You have to list layer names in quotes. All layers following the "popup:" are opened. All layers following the "close" word are closed. All layers following the "open" word are opened. If there is a "close" word that is not followed by any layer name, it closes the layer on which this button is placed (see the simplified use).

Note: all layers listed in such links are automatically recognized as pop-ups. You don't have to link them the usual way to make them pop-ups as was necessary with the WD5 tweak.

Note: the pop-up layer names must only contain lower case letters to work correctly with this feature. This may be changed in the following updates.

Example: popup: "popup1", "popup2" close "popup3"