Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Additional Files Appearing

To quickly get a page up I copied a WEB file & stripped all but one page out then removed all extraneous material. However, when I now export the website four PDF files are added to the index_files folder. They were referenced in the original but the references have been removed. I have pulled the page apart bit by bit but to no avail.
    How would WD6 remember these files and then add the files back in?

Default Re: Additional Files Appearing

They are stored in the support folder. Find your .web file on the HDD. There will be a similarly named "_web_files" folder that contain all the embedded files.
    For example, if your design file is "mysite.web", the support folder is "mysite_web_files".
    You can remove all the files you don't need. You can also use it to add your own files that has to be exported automatically along with your site.
    John.

Thumbs up Re: Additional Files Appearing

Quote Originally Posted by Teedee View Post
    To quickly get a page up I copied a WEB file & stripped all but one page out then removed all extraneous material. However, when I now export the website four PDF files are added to the index_files folder. They were referenced in the original but the references have been removed. I have pulled the page apart bit by bit but to no avail.
    How would WD6 remember these files and then add the files back in?
    AND...there they are. It is so easy when you know what to look for.
    Many thanks.