Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mapping Non Standard Web Fonts when uploading to Standard Web Fonts

I get a dialog box when I upload my website that I have non standard webfonts.

Is there a tool where I control mapping my fonts to the web standard fonts in Xara when uploading? If not this might be a FR of mine, as I am using two languages, one rtl and the other ltr, so mapping would be really helpful.

Note: I am happily using Designer Pro 6.1 as this new version rocks!

Regards, James

Default Re: Mapping Non Standard Web Fonts when uploading to Standard Web Fonts

Hello James

At the very top of the font list there is a small group of web standard fonts including Arial, Tahoma, Georgia, Verdana, etc. These fonts are installed on most computers.

If you are using a font that is not installed on some or most computers, you can simply Group the font (Arrange > Group) and the text will export as a bitmap. You can group the font to itself or to another object such as a rectangle.

If you want the text to be visible to search engines, then add an Alt tag to the grouped text in the Web Properties > Image > Image Caption (Alt Text) section. This adds whatever text you enter in the Alt tag will appear in the HTML document.

Default Re: Mapping Non Standard Web Fonts when uploading to Standard Web Fonts

Yes, that worked rather smoothly.

Thanks Gary for many of the helpful solutions you keep giving; makes Xara that much easier to use

Regards, James