Alright, I've pretty much decided that I'm going to splurge and purchase a Pentax K-x DSLR camera bundle that includes both the DA L 18-55mm and DA L 55-300mm lenses. From what I've read the camera has received great reviews with regard to value, quality, features and ease of use. I've actually downloaded, printed, and read the entire users manual in preparation for my impending purchase. It seems that the camera has more features and functions than I'll be able figure out, and use, in my lifetime. It'll definitely be a step up from borrowing and using my daughter's point-and-shoot digital camera.

So, my question is, beyond memory cards and batteries, are there any other accessories (without going overboard) that I should consider purchasing along with the camera? Books, carrying cases, filters, cleaning kits, tripods, remote controls, flashes, the list and the drain on my wallet seems to go on, and on. I've never owned a 'semi-professional' SLR camera and am looking to maximize my enjoyment and minimize my learning curve with my new 'toy/tool'. I'd appreciate any advice from all of the camera bugs here on TalkGraphics, so please tell me what you would recommend, and why.

Thanks for helping me out,
Harry