Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Redesigned Sportsman's Club

I have been handling the local Sportsman's Club web site now for about 5 years. The old site just couldn't keep up with things anymore as the Club has grown and become very active over the last year. I have spent so much time re doing things to add new info or change current info I finally said enough was enough however and talekd them into letting me start over.

So I basically started out from scratch and re did the site entirely. There was just a ton of info I had to include and it hampered me in regards to appearance. JUst no way for a slim quick loading site with all I had to include. The Club wants a lot of stuff on certain pages and they want it in certain ways and they will only listen to me to a point. They also love pictures and images so I had to use them as often as I did( for anyone who thinks it is image heavy - just no choice ).

Overall I am happy with the site I think. I added a lot of new features for them( and me ) and the site is much more modern and has a lot of "BLING" which makes them happy. I finally got into layers and popup layers wiith WD and I can only wonder why I didn't do it before.

I believe everything is working correctly but for one bug I can not seem to fix. I use an iframe on a couple pages and whenever you mouseover a link or a certain type of popup photo( only when created in WD - doesn't do it with links on widgets )it causes the bottom scroll bar on the iframe to flicker. If I set the frame so the bottom scroll bar is not needed( so it becomes invisible )it flickers on and off as you mouseover the links. If I set it so the bar is visible when you mouseover it makes it disappear and then it stays gone and flickers on mouseover events. It is driving me nuts. However, it does not effect any functions of the site so for now I am leaving it as is. I will try and solve it eventuallly( anyone have any clue? ).

Still waiting for feedback from the Club but it has everything they wanted so I expect it to be positive.

Constructive feedback always appreciated.

http://www.exetersportsmansclub.com

Default Re: Redesigned Sportsman's Club

Your navbar submenus are incorrectly placed when viewed with Google Chrome or Safari.
    This is a known issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav-menus-chrome.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	76625

► Please check the Knowledge base for the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Your navbar submenus are incorrectly placed when viewed with Google Chrome or Safari.
    This is a known issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav-menus-chrome.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	76625

► Please check the Knowledge base for the solution.
    I forgot to do it. You told me about that before. Thanks. I have performed the fix. Could you( or somone else with GC or Safari )check and see if the navbar works properly now? Thanks.

Yep - all good

Thank you for checking and for the heads up. I appreciate it.

Just as a side note to anyone reading this. Got the Club's feedback a short while ago and they are very happy. Phew! All they asked I change was to make the quick jump/link buttons a little bigger as they were hard to read on smaller screens. I forget with my large monitor that I have to be careful of that. I looked at it on my laptop and they were definitely right. Resized them this AM and it is much better.

If that is their only complaint or concern I am very happy.

Hmmm? Nothing?

Ok, how about non constructive criticism?

I just noticed in the new version of FireFox your contact form disappears.
    But other than that (which might only be FF) that site is very nice, some might say pretty.
    Great job......1878, wow!

Wow!

You are right. I just checked in FF( I have version 3.6 or something like that )and it loads but then vanishes. I only briefly checked initially as I do most of my viewing in IE. I didn't notice it vanishing after loading. I will check into that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, the club itself is pretty old dating all the way back to 1878 as stated. The actual clubhouse is almost 100 years old. It looks it from the outside but inside is in pretty good shape. They are planning on some exterior work in about a year. They have been improving the ranges and doing other projects but they are going to work on the clubhouse next.

Thanks again.

UPDATE - The mystical vanishing contact form in FF has been fixed. Had to use the JotForm <iframe> code vs the standard one to resolve the conflict. Works ok now at least for me in FF 3.6.

Thanks again STP_Cowboy for that heads up.

Also, it appears the flickering <iframe> scrollbar issue is one in a long line of glitches in IE7. Doesn't do it in IE8.