Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Hong Kong Phooey

Anyome remember this cartoon? I used to love this one.

This is my very first drawing using a graphics tablet. All of the new tools got me wanting to try it so I went out and bought an Wacom Intuos 4 Medium. I have to say I really do like using the tablet. Though it is a bit hard on the hand. My hand started hurting within a few minutes. It looks like there is a larger rubber grip included with the pen, but I can't figure out how to put it on, or how to allow access to the buttons if you did put it on. Anybody who has some advice for me, I would appreciate it.

Anyway here is my HKP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hong Kong Phooey.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	74022  
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thumbs up Re: Hong Kong Phooey

I, too, always liked Hong Kong Phooey. You've done a good job bringing him back to 'life'. Captain Caaave-ma-aaan (Captain Caveman) and Scooby-doo were also must-sees on Saturday mornings.

I'm a cartoon freak at heart but don't watch them much anymore. One of the last cartoon series that I watched on a regular basis was Danger Mouse. Now he was cool. I've looked for a compilation DVD set here in the US but, so far, I haven't stumbled across one (yet!).

Nice job with the graphics tablet, Eric. With the new support in XDP6 I might have to look into picking up a mid-priced tablet to play with. I'll be following along to see how you're progressing with your tablet and to see if your hand toughens up, or shrivels up, from using it.

Looking forward to your next installment,
    Harry

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Hong Kong Phooey

I did captian caveman ages ago. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30755

I will keep you posted on the hand issues.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

ha ha i remember it! Very nicely done.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I too remember that cartoon. I have a wacom Graphire 3, and yes it did take some getting used to in the beginning but it will get easier with practice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    ...One of the last cartoon series that I watched on a regular basis was Danger Mouse. Now he was cool. I've looked for a compilation DVD set here in the US but, so far, I haven't stumbled across one (yet!)...
    Complete Megaset - you really must look more carefully Penfold! Includes a Count Duckula episode too apparently. Cosgrove Hall Films were [are?] based a couple of miles or so from here actually, in Chorlton. Hence the name of another of their hits [over here at any rate and more for younger folk] Chorlton and the Wheelies.

Neat image Eric! Got the balance
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

these HB cartoons are well done Eric

regarding tablet - you may be trying to hold the pen too tightly - with practice your grip should loosen up

the larger rubber grip, I think, is one you slip on having removed the button first [as there is no hole for the button]

how you remove the button I don't know - if not in manual, maybe a google search will help?

this review mentions it, but does not say how.. sorry..
    http://vr-zone.com/print/wacom-intuo...view/7055.html
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve,

I think you are right about the gripping too hard thing. I drew some pretty heavy lines for some of the outlines. I probably should have chosen a thicker line and used less pressure to make the line that I'm after. I'm sure that some of that will come with experience.

I will do some searching for how to install the large rubber grip as there were no instructions on how to install it in the manual. The manual only covered installation, though there may be a pdf manual that I haven't noticed yet. Also if I can get used to using the regular pen grip, I think it would be better, as I don't want to loose the buttons.

I'm going to start a new thread in the off topic chat about the tablet. I want to know what if any settings people are using for the scroll wheel and buttons on the tablet.

P.S. I found a video on how to change the grip on the pen (including how to remove the button) here under the intuos4 accessories link on the right. http://www.wacom.com/intuos/medium.php
    Last edited by bcire68; 07 July 2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Found pen grip change tutorial.
    My Club. My Album.

Great looking cartoons, bcire68.