Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down can't activate...

Hi,
    I had a computer crash and I am trying to re-install my Xara Web Designer 6.0. I got a message saying too many activations or something like that and it will not take my code.
    I tried to call a phone number but was told the number I dialed was not correct so I sent in a ticket to support and some jerk answered my ticket after 2 DAYS telling me a different registration code. God only knows where he got it. I got mine from my file and from THEIR WEBSITE. Of course, what he gave me didn't work, didn't even start with the correct letters P2- was a WQ or some such thing.

Can someone tell me how to get another activation code or what I have to do to get my software to work? This is URGENT I have to get a design project done and now we are on a holiday.
    IP

Default Re: can't activate...

I'm afraid you will have to contact Xara support with this, TG is unable to help much with licensing issues.

However this is odd, because in my experience (and as far as I am told by Xara), the 3x activation limit applies to the number of PC's you may activate it on, you may activate it on the original hardware any number of times.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: can't activate...

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm afraid you will have to contact Xara support with this, TG is unable to help much with licensing issues.

However this is odd, because in my experience (and as far as I am told by Xara), the 3x activation limit applies to the number of PC's you may activate it on, you may activate it on the original hardware any number of times.
    Thanks for your response, I finally got it installed. It was an activacation code he gave me NOT a registration code. If he had said this it would have saved a lot trouble for me.
    Thanks
    IP

Default Re: can't activate...

Excellent, happy to hear it's sorted.
    IP