Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Could not locate specified web page

I bought XWD6 in April downloaded the templates and everything was fine.
    After while xwd developed some problems,I won't go into great detail but Support gave me a new .exe to use and everything was fine. Although once and a while I have to reinstall the program.

I did this yesterday as loading was taking too long. However it did not fix the problem. No biggy I will have to cope. However the original problems I had raised their ugly heads again as soon as I started so I was forced to do a system restore. So today everything was back to working order until I thought I would have a look at the templates and found they were no longer there. I tried to download them via Help but got the pop-up "Could not locate specified web page"..grrrrr

Any ideas anyone, considering my problems with a clean install !!??
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !
    IP

Default Re: Could not locate specified web page

This sounds like another application is causing conflicts with your copy of Web Designer.

When you do a clean install then the shared DLL files installed with WD6 become the default version of that file. But often DLL files of the same name have slightly different variations. I wonder if this could be causing the problem? Especially if your copy works for a while and then develops problems. Most software applications now automatically download and install the latest revision and so as soon as this happens the DLL file might be overwritten and start causing problems.

This is a wild guess and I may in fact have nothing to do with your problem. But it sounds feasible, don't you agree?

Do you have other applications open at the same time? And if so, does it help if you close them?
    IP

Default Re: Could not locate specified web page

sorry to have taken so long to reply.
    What you have said does make sense (of course). And there are no other programs open that would clash.
    Xara support gave me a link to get the templates, so thats one problem fixed. I still cannot access online help via the Help button but thats not a problem really.
    Sadly the new update did not fix that but a side effect is the program does not load faster...lol weird. Thanks
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !
    IP