Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newsletter Template

Anyone know of a resource for four page newsletter templates other than those that are found in the Xara gallery?

Keith

Default Re: Newsletter Template

Why not create your own? Or modify one of the existing templates.

Then save it as a Template. File > Save Template. Then to use your template, select it from the File > New... fly out menu.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Here is a template I'm willing to share. It is a modified version of the template I created for Good Morning, Sunshine! It is a 3 column four page double spread layout. The pages are also laid out in folios for printing. The units are set as centimeters and text is set to points but those can be easily changed on the units tab of the options dialogue.(utilities>options>units) you can add it to your templates as Gary has described.

This template was modified in Designer Pro if you need one that will open in Xtreme let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

They have so many on the net they even sell them: http://www.stocklayouts.com/Template...n-Library.aspx
    If you don't want to buy have a look at them a get some ideas for your newsletter and then design yours (same reply as Gary).
    Design is thinking made visual.

If you mean an email template. I don't think Xara is suitable. As far as I can see Newsletters use a very basic subset of html and seem to rely heavily on - gasp- tables.

As everyone else states your best bet is to download one of the millions of free templates and to tweak it to your liking in an html editor - not Xara

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Actually if you are going to distribute an newsletter by e-mail, I would recommend using a service. Almost every country has anti spamming laws and sending unsolicited html newsletters can get you into a whole heap of trouble. That's where the services come in, they know the laws and they usually have lots of templates and WYSIWYG and html editors. They also have list management tools to automate things. I use mailchimp.com and recommend it. Mailchimp has a variety of subscription options and if your list is under 500 subscribers and you send less than 3000 e-mails a month it is free. And importing Xara created graphics is easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Why not create your own? Or modify one of the existing templates.

Then save it as a Template. File > Save Template. Then to use your template, select it from the File > New... fly out menu.
    I have another request though if you can help. I am just starting to create 20 page e-Magazine and would like to know how to create double page spread pdf pages and also single ages using Xara Pro X.
    Is there any help video that I can watch and and start this project. Any kind of help with using Xara will be of great help. Appreciate your help in advance.

best rgds
    Kish

Hello Kish

This is a very old post. Can you create a new post and we will try to answer this question.