Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Bug: Navigation Bar Text Field Bug

Hello Xara Developers

I was playing with the new navigation bar creation feature and found some unexpected behaviour.

I set up a new navbar with various button names. Next I double-clicked on the tooltip text box which received the caret for text input. I then decided that I didn't want to add a tooltip, so clicked somewhere else (such as another button name). This had the unexpected result of clearing the "Button and Menu" text for the item which I just tried to edit.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBarBug.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	73845  

Default Re: Bug: Navigation Bar Text Field Bug

NOTE TO SELF: Don't do that again.

Often such things have unexpected consequences.

HI, thanks for reporting this. We have logged it as a bug.

Actually, the problem is only that the displayed name and URL fields are cleared, you do not really lose the name and the URL as such because they are still there in the NavBar. Until this is fixed the easiest way to restore the display of both fields is to double-click on the empty URL field and click on Cancel in the URL dialogue that opens. That restores the row back to normal.

Thumbs up Re: Bug: Navigation Bar Text Field Bug

Yes, I noticed that it seemed to be a display bug as the actual underlying data didn't change when the changes were accepted. While I've got your attention, can I just say what a fantastic job you've done on the NavBar feature. It is well designed and - more importantly - will save me hours of work fiddling about with manually created nav bars. You have obviously listened and responded to customer feedback. Well done and thank you.

Rich

Many thanks, I am glad you like the NavBar feature - it took a lot of effort to get this to work, so it is good to see that it was worth while.

The display problem as reported above is fixed, by the way, but the fix might just have missed the imminent patch release.

It was certainly worth it Martin! This was the number one feature asked by every second user or so after WD5 release.
    John.