Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Wallpaper tutorial

Hi,
    Well the VLC program worked nice tutorial! the Gom didn't work kept searching for codec ..
    JimM

Your right, I've never had it baulk at a .avi file before. However, the codec it requires is Techsmith Screen Capture Codec (TSCC.exe) - Techsmith make the Camtasia Recorder and Snag It) - and it's available from Techsmith here
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I will upload the new video i choose Intel Indeo Codec, the video should be played in most players.

Also i will add an iphone/ipod touch version

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    I'm still having trouble getting the page to load. In the mean time I decided to download the video to my hard disk.
    Don´t know why, really I opne the website in another computer and works fine, I download the video too. Do you try deleting the cookies and cahe? we never know!

Thanks alot!.
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 03 July 2010 at 08:36 PM.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Whatever happened to the good old days when people used to do tutorials that were images that you could simply view, à la XaraXone? There's still people out there with crappy connections, you know? It's nothing personal Josè, I'm just not on the whole video bandwagon unless it is for something (like a music video or a film preview) that cannot be shown in any other way. Some people have even started putting the forum rules up as videos! For heaven's sake... we can all read. Especially those of us on crappy connections.

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclamation Re: Wallpaper tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    The video download is 140 MB
    And to get to that size it's been compressed into a ZIP file! At that size I'd prefer to have a PDF document I can reference and/or print out. It would probably be less than 1/10 that size.

I'm trying to download the video again (4th time) using the Opera browser instead of Firefox. We shall see... or not.

Holy guacamole,
    Harry

The beauty of this forum is we have choices. We can choose to use the 'text' tutorials with pictures or we can choose to use the videos if we want.

Personally, I choose both, depending on the tutorial.

Isn't choice great?
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

People with crappy bandwidth don't have that choice when we're talking about a 140mb video download. That's why providing a graphic would have been nice. Yep, I agree with you, choice is great.

This is all I get when trying to view this tutorial:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clip000121.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	73862  
    Last edited by Big Frank; 04 July 2010 at 01:15 AM.

Yep, I certainly get your point...I used to have very crappy bandwidth. I think some people making tutorials can't always do both, it's a time thing.

So for now, my guess is you won't be able to do this one for a while.....

That is too bad and I'm not being patronizing....it's always best if you can have the best of all worlds....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Whatever happened to the good old days when people used to do tutorials that were images that you could simply view, à la XaraXone? There's still people out there with crappy connections, you know? It's nothing personal Josè, I'm just not on the whole video bandwagon unless it is for something (like a music video or a film preview) that cannot be shown in any other way. Some people have even started putting the forum rules up as videos! For heaven's sake... we can all read. Especially those of us on crappy connections.

Thank you for your understanding.
    I will be making step-by-step tutorials but i do not have enough time, i need to work, and video tutorials are quick to make.
    I shouldn´t use most of my time making tutorials for graphic recipes, this is not my work and i do not win a penny making the website and the tutorials. I undestand what you said, but you should undestand why I decide to add video tutorials, what do you preffer a video tutorial or nothing?, i can make the step-by-bstep tutorial, just try to make this tutorial step-by-step and see how much time you need.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    And to get to that size it's been compressed into a ZIP file! At that size I'd prefer to have a PDF document I can reference and/or print out. It would probably be less than 1/10 that size.

I'm trying to download the video again (4th time) using the Opera browser instead of Firefox. We shall see... or not.

Holy guacamole,
    Harry
    I know 140 mb its a big file, but i said its a 1920 pixels video, not a simple video, and the video showing online is about 21 MB.

I will use a .mov file to download, and will be inside a .Zip file, just to avoid the auto-play in the player instead the download.
    Last edited by Josè Campoy.; 04 July 2010 at 09:59 AM.
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

I prefer tutorial videos, I simply find that they supply more information on exactly how to push all those buttons to get it right. The addition of spoken voice along with the mouse clicking is a fine way of picking the brains of the author (XaraXhris YouTube videos are good examples) and learning a lot in a short time.

Agreed, videos take some starting/stopping and swapping between video and Xara when you do the tutorials. If you prefer printing out the tutorial the written ones will suit you better. I just still prefer seing the author work because it teaches me more efficient how to work like him/her.

JimR