Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Above: using wall shadow and different kind of transparency
    Beneath: add a wall shadow to a bitmap which has an alpha channel; add a few pixels blur but no transparency to the shadow; put the profile settings to make it a little bit narrower than the original image; convert to editable shapes, ungroup and clear shadow; go to the bitmap gallery and trace the shadow (monochrome); insert traced shadow, ungroup it, clean it from too little shapes, join shapes, fill with white, add a bevel (here rounded with 30° light elevation), put it under the original bitmap and scale it (then adjust eventually bevel); add a shadow!!!
    Just for pleasure ...!

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bevtrans.jpg 
Views:	2865 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	1429  

Great technique, Ivan.

Thanks for the mini-tutorial.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

That has been a revelation (and a revolution) for me when I have heard Xara planned on a true brand new release. I have used Xara from the first CorelXara for the needs of a very big site realised by a Woman friend on the European Comission Intranet (40.000 persons, but not accessible from Internet). After that (if you read my profile you will understand) it was extremely useful for the concept of little botanical booklets for the amateurs at my work (at this time I used separately alpha channels created in 3D programs to create transparencies). And I am enthusiast like a child with the new Beta's ! But for me it's impossible not to partage my enthusiasms, despite my bad english speaking !!! And thus I hope I am not too disturbing on that so friendly forum with my tricks !!!

Thanks again and friendly yours,
    ivan

P.S. and here is for all the .xar file from which I created these images (but not prepared as a tutorial). The car was mine more than 15 years ago; I have modelized it in LightWave for the use of a future cartoon I plan to develop. My dream is to mix and "composite" objects, characters and effects created with LightWave and Xara (I have not so many money and for me purchasing a program like LightWave was abolutely fool at first time !!! But I don't regret it !)
    Attached Files Attached Files