Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: background image entire screen

Absolute positioning can be a pain, a neccessary evil for WYSIWYG.

Mpaige, was this the backgound/content effect you were looking for in your second example ? (working version)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting - didn't even notice that it scrolled up,

However, couldn't you accomplish that with an anchor in the middle of the page that is jumped to from the start?

I know there are some extra things in these sites, but what I thought the OP was asking about was specifically how to get similar background effects - which I think you can see is possible at least.

It probably is slavelle with a lot of trickery. Itīs certainly not achievable with the default tools.
    Thatīs why i was asking for people to post solutions or stuff that may help to overcome the problems.

Iīm trying to understand whatīs going on with Drwyd example. I still donīt get why he has given the name/attribute head to the tweak. Is it really needed?
    But it works in terms of look. The problem is that we have to use a very big image for the background to work.

Thereīs no synchronization between page background and pasteboard background while using a sticky footer for example. Thatīs what i think itīs not achievable in terms of functionality.

Thanks for posting Drwyd
    Last edited by MEB; 01 July 2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: trying explaining things better

The <head> name due to Covoxer's tweak, not me

Agreed on the image size. Some serious optimizing would need to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel B. View Post
    Maybe John (covoxer) knows a way to overcome those problems trough some tweaks...
    What exactly problems?
    John.

Thanks everyone for your input.

miguel: i agree that those sites are far too complex for xara. tons of stuff going on there.

sledger: thanks for the example. I think that this is useful for situations where I could use a background that was tiled, for example a strong texture or something with some repetition across the top of even the whole page as your example demonstrates. It won;t be applicable for every application but this certainly gives from design flexibility and opens up things for me quite considerably. thanks.

Drwyd: actually the effect I am after is probably smpler than that even. I'm just sort of tired of all my backgrounds having to be a solid clor. I'd like to play around with images or graphic backgrounds. I've "mastered" the solid background and also doing a background with a strip across the top or whatever (you know, the whole create a sliver>export> import>set as background thing). I want to try to create a website with a background that maybe looks like parchment paper or tire tracks or retro wallpaper or a deep forest. I don't want to open dreamweaver. Unless I have to.