Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 Another One to Ponder...

This one is truly unique! Although no where near completion, I want to show off what WD6 can do with mouseover layers. The idea was given to me by the client who provided a photo that he had taken. I took the photo into Photoshop and cut up the elements, removed the background, and then reassembled it in WD6. Just another example of what can be accomplished with a little imagination and time.

http://rhettroweb.com/backnine/index.htm

Hovering over any of the discs will reveal the mouseover layer that can be clicked to take you to the assigned page. Currently, only the top white disc is available to click.

I'll keep you posted as I progress...

Default Re: Another One to Ponder...

Fun effect. Though the black box with the type seems like you took the easy way out. I think you could do something more fun with the type that would be more consistent with the buttons.

You might also try as an alternative using pop up layers with text buttons that link to a pop up layer. This way you could have one shape, a circle for example, that changes as the cursors moves over the buttons.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cool effect PP, however the humor button is inconsistent. I have trouble getting it to pop up with text initially, then realized when I moved over 'just the edge part' the text popped up. Also on certain parts of only that button, slices seem to appear....

Perhaps others can try this to see what they get and hope it helps.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Cool effect PP, however the humor button is inconsistent. I have trouble getting it to pop up with text initially, then realized when I moved over 'just the edge part' the text popped up. Also on certain parts of only that button, slices seem to appear....

Works fine for me in Chrome. My only criticism is with the American inability to spell humour correctly.

We are humourless.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    We are humourless.
    Bet you got a laugh out of our inability to play soccer though!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I like your idea Gary, although the client specifically asked for the navigation on the splash page to be laid out like his photo. As for the spelling of Humor, again, another client request. I will probably ask to change it if the client really cares about it.

The logo was created by the client as well and as designers we all know that the client is right. It could change if I'm given creative freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post

yes - move from the forum button (the orangy thing) to the humor button and only the extreme edge pops up (no text), however approach from below and the popup works ok. Is this perhaps an overlap of some type?

using IE7

I also think the black boxes are a bit harsh against the otherwise pleasing appearance of the initial page.
    Alan

Have to look into that. All works fine in Firefox. I will probably make the popup behind the text match the coloring of each disc. As I've stated, it is in the rough stages and will have to have a few things ironed out as I progress.

I just wanted feedback from my friends here and I appreciate all of the input.

Just so you know PP, I'm using IE8....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11