Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu Maker and Designer Pro 6

I maintain a website for a church (using Xtreme Pro 5.1). I purchased Menu Maker and used it to create a navbar which appears on all pages. It works fine, though after any change to the menu-structure I have to edit one line of the resulting Javascript in order to cope with all current browsers. Now I'm evaluating Design Pro 6, which integrates the navbar facility. I'm struggling to find answers to two questions.

(1) Is it possible to import a navbar created using Menu Maker into Designer Pro 6, or do I have to start over?

(2) will the navbars created with Designer Pro 6 still require post-production editing at the Javascript level?

Default Re: Menu Maker and Designer Pro 6

Quote Originally Posted by John Ogden View Post
    (1) Is it possible to import a navbar created using Menu Maker into Designer Pro 6, or do I have to start over?
    You can embed the navbar created with MM into Designer Pro document. But it is probably easier to reproduce it using new navbar feature. Besides it will benefit on tight design integration - basically no need to manually work with page file names.
    (2) will the navbars created with Designer Pro 6 still require post-production editing at the Javascript level?
    No. Absolutely not. But unlike Menu Maker produced navbars, these can not be used as a standalone snippets that can be manually embedded to virtually any web page. Navbars produced by Designer Pro 6 and Web Designer 6 are tightly integrated with the HTML pages exported by the program.
    John.