Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to define the width of a website on Webdesigner 6?

Hi,

I saw that in Webdesigner 6, when we go to create a new website, there are pre-defined options regarding the width of the page.

Is it possible to define the width of the website, and, also, is there a way to create a website that takes all the width of the browser?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Default Re: How to define the width of a website on Webdesigner 6?

Hello ewsg,

Yes, istīpossible to define a custom width. Go to File -> Page Options and select custon from the dropdown on the Paper section. Fill in the values you want.
    You can also drag the borders of the page itself in the canvas to change its width and/or height.
    No. As far as i know itīs not possible to create a site with dynamic width in Webdesigner 6 or Designer PRO 6 (called liquid layouts).

Hello Miguel B.,

Thanks for your help.

So, and all the pages/websites I create will be centralized on the browser? Is this automatically done?

Regarding the templates, can I change its width (I think no, but I am asking just to confirm ).

Thank you!

By default yes, the sites are centered in the browser. However thereīs a tweak you can use to align them to the left.
    Download the tweakset for XWD 6 provided by covoxer in this thread.
    Thereīs a tweak there called Left aligned page. Just follow the instructions.

Regarding the templates, i think thereīs no problem in changing the wiidth. You may have to ajust the position of the elements in the page to better fit the new proportions but besides that, i see no reason why it canīt be done.
    I must say however that i havenīt used any of the templates provided. So i canīt assure you 100%.

Cheers,
    Miguel B.

Hello,

Thank you very much.

I will start now to play with Webdesigner 6, and see what I can do.

Thanks for your support!