Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Request to repost Frank's mini-tutorials & drawings that disappeared

Yes, well, keep on topic too please.

Thank you.
    John.
    IP

Default Re: Request to repost Frank's mini-tutorials & drawings that disappeared

And there goes another one! There will be nobody left here soon if things like this keep going.It feels like the moderators v's the people. How silly.
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

Unhappy Re: Request to repost Frank's mini-tutorials & drawings that disappeared

Not being an Xpert at Xara.
    Not being an Xpert at the rules in TG.

I would have to say that the last week has been a real eye opener.
    All the political in-fighting is like hanging your dirty washing out on the line for everyone to see.

I agree with JaffDave's comment that it feels like the Moderators versus the people.

Is this forum owned by Xara?
    If not, then I would love to know who does own it?
    That might make things a bit clearer for everyone and then we would all know what to say or not?

I joined last year and found a place where everyone was willing to help and it seemed a place for everyone to share their successes and ideas.

Last week or so, it's been an argument about who loves the dark interface of XD6 or the light one. Well, I along with everyone else am entitled to an opinion but even that seemed to be getting rather heated. The answer is still simple, "Give the user the choice."

Then we have people getting banned and moderators resigning and so on.

Well, I think it's such a shame that we have to have all this.

When ever there are a group of people, yes, you have to have moderation but what I have seen recently only goes to destroy a magnificent forum.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone
    IP

The forum is owned by Xara. The moderators are volunteers and human. Best forum I've ever come across - because of the people and good moderating. Not every decision will be agreed with, sure, but as you imply all was chugging along very nicely. Two mods have gone, one is "on holiday" according to GWP. We'll just have to see what happens when the dust settles.

Agree entirely Rik, "...I think it's such a shame that we have to have all this..."
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 28 June 2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: reference
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    You still hold the copyright for all the materials uploaded to TG but doing so you agree for TG to keep them on-line as long as it is considered important for the forum. If you do not agree, please avoid posting anything.
    I wasn't aware of this. Who exactly will consider what is important for the Forum? I don't want to be dramatic about it, I just wasn't aware of this procedure of evaluating users posts if one decides to leave.

I already noticed that posts can't be deleted or edited after 2 hours (which personally I don't like at all).

Thanks for this information.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 28 June 2010 at 01:51 AM.
    IP

er guys ...... the surface of my coffee is rippling and I can hear an ominous low thumping noise
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    er guys ...... the surface of my coffee is rippling and I can hear an ominous low thumping noise
    lol.....

easy way around copyright issues, post links to images and files you wish to protect rather than attaching them in the forum, if you no longer wish to have them availble on the TalkGraphics Forums then remove them from your linked page. Problem solved!!!

As a full time Web Developer/Graphic Designer I own my creations and will decide where and when they will be used. End of story.
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

Hi JaffDave,

The 'rule' below is TGs stance on your statement of links to pics.....it's not against the rules to do so, but not encouraged I think....

Images should be uploaded to the TalkGraphics server [...]. This is to ensure that such images are always available. Images hosted by third party hosts are susceptible to host closures/crashes etc and often render threads unintelligible.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi JaffDave,

The 'rule' below is TGs stance on your statement of links to pics.....it's not against the rules to do so, but not encouraged I think....

Images should be uploaded to the TalkGraphics server [...]. This is to ensure that such images are always available. Images hosted by third party hosts are susceptible to host closures/crashes etc and often render threads unintelligible.
    Yep i know but it's still a loop hole for those concerned, Items I post are usually help files or something I need help on so I trend to attach. Have posted links in the past though.

The terms held within these forums would not hold up in a court of law if someone were to challenge copyright regardless of what they say. There is no physical proof that the one using the forum is the one whom agreed to the terms, anyway i digress in fear that the all mighty powers that be start pointing their heavy hands at my profile.

I don't have a problem with the forum rules by the way - 'it's in my opinion' the statement I make above.
    I ate my crayon.
    IP

if you link rather than post - you may find that your image is posted up 'for you' - the rules allow this apparently
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP